Application Support Engineer of Polarion product is a member of a global team providing daily technical support to Polarion customers. This job includes Day-to-day communication with customers and internal departments (Development, R&D, Professional Services, Sales, etc.) via email and/or phone to answer questions, collect information and resolve issues reported by the customers.
- Polarion supports both in-house configuration and configurations on PLM owned cloud systems. We need especially to quickly resolve problems with the cloud instances as we are responsible for the configuration of these instances.
- The Polarion support team member supports Gold level customers and monitors their issues, meets frequently (often weekly) to review status, and interfaces with development to help resolve problems quickly.
- The Application Support Engineer is responsible for developing detailed and precise technical articles for publications, newsletters, and online customer self-help tools.
- Person will proactively need to create technical articles containing information about best-practices, troubleshooting and usage optimization.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Good Communication Skills
- Fluent English Speaking is required
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer care skills
- Logical thinker with good analytical and problem-solving skills, be able to find non-traditional solutions to resolve customer issues
- Accurate writing and records keeping
- Understanding of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Experience with web technologies, HTML, Java
- Good knowledge of Subversion, Apache, LDAP/AD
- Have at least 1 year of practical experience in tech support, QA or development
- Experiences with direct communication with customers
- Experience of server administration, and operating systems (Windows, Linux) configuration
- Experience with ALM, PLM, IBM Doors, Jira or GIT
- Fluent or Good Portuguese (Brazil) Speaking is very important but not required
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time