Wind Service Technician- Heavy Lifts Liftra Crane Gearbox
Join one of the world’s leading suppliers of wind power solutions, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy as a Traveling Field Service Technician for Wind Power Services!
Demand for electricity generated from renewable sources is growing fast, and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has the answers. As one of the market leaders, we combine technological innovations, experience, and expertise to deliver readily available, one-stop solutions and have a proven track record of successfully delivering wind power projects on all continents.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is searching for advanced turbine technicians that are willing and capable of leading and / or being part of our Heavy Lifts and Large Corrective teams. Our compensation structuring will fit the experience level and is more than competitive in the market.
These positions will be located at customer sites throughout the US - specific location to be determined based on customer projects.
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently
• Provide excellent service to our customers
• Work in stressful, dangerous situations, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices
• Actively work on wind turbine projects
• Flexible travel schedule, with up to 100% travel
Required Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Experience operating or working with a Liftra Crane is a plus
• Experience performing Gearbox exchanges on Wind Turbines, preferable Senvion
• Wind turbine construction / erection / Large Correctives
• Experience- flagging cranes for Wind Turbine erections / repairs
• Hoisting main components (nacelles, rotors, blades, gearboxes, drivetrain, etc.)
• Must have 1 year of Wind Technician experience or 6 months in a related program paired with 6 months on a wind site, preferable at Senvion
• Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
• Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 lbs. or less as required by the equipment safety regulations
• Must pass a physical administered by a medical examiner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
• Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Willing to travel up to 100%
• Work a flexible work schedule
• The Wind Service Travel Technician position requires 100% travel so qualified candidates must live within 50 miles of a major airport
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Our company offers GSA rates for per diem tax free to be deposited to the bank account of your choosing. Flights, hotels, rental cars, and baggage are covered on a company provided American Express card so the employee will never be responsible travel expenses out of pocket.
New salary structure in place with multiple levels of opportunities to progress and receive salary adjustments based on field accomplishments, leadership capabilities, and performance.
SGRE Heavy Lifts additional benefits:
• Vast opportunities for career & salary advancements (Lead technician, Operator, Troubleshooter, Field Service Engineer)
• Guaranteed 40 hours per week with 100% salary
• Salary paid bi-weekly for the entire year so the technician and their families will always receive a check whether they are working in the field or on home leave or PTO
• Overtime applicable a. Double time pay can be earned every day
• Performance compensations
• Interim trips scheduled every 25-30 days
• Hotel & rental or assigned vehicle provided by SGRE
• Guaranteed per diem based on project location according to GSA Rates specific to job location
• Annual equipment allowance (boots & luggage)
• Flexible holiday scheduling
• Opportunities to work outside of country
• Opportunities to cross train on multiple turbine platforms
• Opportunities to work on multi-brand technologies
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.