Siemens is a leading research and development company with a portfolio that addresses the toughest issues in today's society. Siemens has been in Portugal since 1905 and operates in four main sectors: Energy, Industry, Infrastructure and Health.
We are looking to recruit a PLC Programmer (m/f).
Helping the global manufacturing industry go digital as companies move towards Industry 4.0
The Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their production processes and in reducing the time to market of their products.
The ultimate goal is the complete integration and digital representation of the physical value chain. The platform for this is called Digital Enterprise.
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
What are my responsibilities?
- Programming of the automation and visualization software (i.e. Simatic Step 7, TIA Portal, WinCC) for projects with automated guided vehicles (AGV)
- Commissioning of PLC and field busses (i.e. Profinet, CAN, etc.) on site
- Technical clarification with the customer
- Worldwide assignment on building sites for several months
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have well- founded technical studies (preferably bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or automation engineering, technical college degree in automation engineering)
- You have at least 5 years of experience in PLC programming and commissioning
- You have relevant experience with drive technologies (preferably of drives in the low voltage range up to 60V) and commissioning and parameter adaption of control algorithms (PID control)
- SIMATIC Step7 expertise (preferably TIA portal V15.1)
- SPS programming knowledge (preferably Simatic S7, WinCC, TIA Portal) including SCL language competence
- You have flexible way of thinking and working
- Strong team work ability
- You have strong communication skills
- Good knowledge of English (C1 level)
- Willing to stay in Germany
What else do I need to know?
At Siemens Portugal we offer the possibility to integrate a young, dynamic and very
multicultural team and to grow within one of the most solid multinational companies operating in the market.
As a leading global engineering and technology services company, Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the world’s major challenges in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. That’s why we are always
looking for curious, open-minded people, people who dare to ask tough questions.
Like every Siemens employee worldwide. Are you in?
If this offer meets your professional aspirations, please submit your application.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time