The System Engineering Specialist Level II role is a highly technical position that will offer our clients expert level installation of building automation controls primarily around commercial HVAC systems for data centers. This is a non-office-based position reporting to the Operations manager. The position will require approximately 70% travel in the continental US.
- Reviews and provides feedback on customer Data Center Building Automation designs
- Produces programs and test scripts to meet Data Center sequence of operations.
- Leads software and factory witness testing activities per the project requirements.
- Provides expertise and knowledge throughout the system or service project lifecycle. Duties include start-up and commissioning of large projects across multiple locations requiring planning and technical expertise.
- Will participate in project resource planning in support of the Project Manager.
- May participate in pre-booking reviews as well as sales to operations turnovers to evaluate sales estimate and project layout.
- Reviews plans, specifications and contract to determine project requirements.
- Will provide support to engineering with respect to design requirements
- May prepare Construction Method of Procedure documents to implement modifications at the approval of the owner’s representative or as required.
- Troubleshoot potential software and firmware related issues working closely with field support to bring about timely resolution.
- Provides on-site assistance to field teams responsible for commissioning activities.
- Participates in final job-walks on assigned projects responsible for proper project closeout in support of the Project Manager.
- Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- High School or state recognized high school proficiency or state recognized GED required; Associates degree in Electronics or Trade School preferred
- 8 + years of experience as a Controls Technician required
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.