The Digital Solutions and Services business has an exciting new opportunity! If you have a successful track record of developing and executing detailed business development plans, selling complex solutions into strategic accounts, have a passion for driving digitalization and being part of a highly dynamic team, we want to talk to you!
The Solution Business Developer will be responsible for being a highly effective member of the DSS business development organization working with sales teams and business units to develop and drive the mutual success of customers and partners across the United States. This individual will be part of a highly dynamic team within Energy Management division, driving the future of Siemens in the digitalization market.
The primary portfolio the DSS business is focused on is Low Voltage & Products (LP) digitally enabled energy monitoring with devices, smart electrical infrastructure such as sm@rt gear, integrated solutions with commissioning / integration services. Technical knowledge and solution design ability will allow the person to manage our go to market strategy with our customers in collaboration with the sales teams as well as partner with solution partners / integrators, distributors and OEM’s.
Key responsibility for this role will be to develop and drive core energy monitoring product bookings and integrated LP digitally enabled solution sales covering sm@rtgear systems and commissioning / integration service offerings. Additional objectives of the position will be to work closely construction and industrial sales teams, business development organizations and other businesses within Siemens focusing on vertical market growth and promoting the digitally enabled offering to our customers.
- Manage vertical markets and customers to achieve bookings and sales targets
- Provide excellent speaking and presentation skills to present DSS solutions
- Understand the competitive energy monitoring and sm@rt offerings – can be learned once hired
- Develop a monthly report covering the vertical market overview, sales opportunities, marketing information, competitive information, etc.
- Manage bookings forecast, quote / opportunity pipeline in Siemens Philos system
- Understand electrical one-line, nomenclature, and basic knowledge of low and medium voltage electrical equipment
- Understand Internet of Things (IoT) solution and Siemens offerings (can be learned)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 5+ years of experience in business development and/or sales in the areas of electrical infrastructure, software, Cloud or IoT
2. Demonstrated track record of developing and executing detailed business development plans and or selling complex solutions into strategic accounts
3. Measurable results in business development management and closing lead deals with sales
4. Broad familiarity with a variety of technologies and expertise in a subset of those Areas of particular emphasis are:
a. Electrical Infrastructure (e.g. switchboards, breakers, meters, relays)
b. Vertical market portfolio / solutions / customer needs
c. Software Platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, On-premises)
5. Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships and engage at strategic levels across large complex end user organizations, partner organizations, sales organizations and divisional business units
6. Excellent public speaking skills complemented by exceptional written and oral skills, along with strong organizational abilities
7. Must have easy access to a major airport
8. Flexibility in work schedules, including up to 50% travel
9. Proven ability to be successful while operating with autonomy
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Working knowledge of electrical infrastructure market
2. Experience developing and or selling digital solutions
3. Experience in software solutions
4. Experience developing and or selling OEM-based solutions
5. Deep customer and partner management experience across all levels of an organization (shop floor to CXO)
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing. Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.