Position Summary: This Supplier Engineer – EMS position reports directly to the Manager of Supplier Assurance within Supply Chain Procurement and will provide expertise in PBCA manufacturing to Siemens Healthineers Engineering and Supply Chain Management of outsourced suppliers. This position is a technical position that provides support through early engagement on new product introductions, improving reliability, and enhancing product quality. This position will require an overall understanding of product lifecycles and project management skills.
• Engage Engineering early in product lifecycle for PCBA manufacturability
• Participate in manufacturing quality audits
• Provide Siemens products the production-oriented support to enable Contract Manufacturers to provide the highest quality PCBA’s to Siemens
• Provide technical expertise for hardware project teams, process technology and development of process controls to contribute to product quality improvements
• Engage engineering to implement reliability improvements
• Troubleshooting PCBA manufacturing problems (with or without the supplier) and perform root cause analysis and implement permanent corrective actions
• Recommend innovative solutions to improve product design, yields, and process flow.
• Know and follow Siemens policies and procedures, share information that would benefit other members of the team and find ways to improve the delivery of service to our customers.
Decision Making: The Supplier Engineer - EMS is required to exercise discretion and creativity in determining the best way to implement strategic projects that optimize processes. The Supplier Engineer – EMS is expected to drive performance of the supplier and their processes to meet project goals. This position is expected to take general directions, and from those directions make decisions as to his/her approach to completing assigned projects. This person is expected to determine how to operate and conduct assigned tasks within the established standards, procedures and cost constraints.
Interactions: The Supplier Engineer - EMS interacts with contract manufacturers, Sustaining Engineering, SCM Procurement, Quality and Regulatory, Finance, and Design Engineering.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline
• Process experience in PCBA (Printed Circuit Board Assembly) and related system assembly
• Problem solving skills, ability to conduct a thorough failure analysis. Able to understand root cause analysis tools and processes
• Familiar with PPAP process
• Engineering experience providing technical support in a manufacturing plant.
• Experience in providing technical input to design on manufacturability of products.
• Ability to assess processes and interpret data
Preferred Qualifications and experience:
• Allegro, Dx designer, EDM library experience
• Project management experience
• Good planning and prioritizing skills
• Exceptional communication skills
• Understanding of product configuration and supporting Bill of Materials (BOM) structures
• Knowledge of IPC Standards and various ISO standards
• Ability to take direction and “drive” initiatives with minimal need for oversight
• Previous work experience as a member of a team, or a strong understanding of the importance of open communication and information sharing between team members
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.