We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
At our Headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, we are looking for a motivated Commodity Manager who will support our Global Procurement team to ensure the smooth end-to-end process globally for our project business. You will be part of an engaged team who will be happy to introduce you in our environment. Join us and help us creating environments that care!
Your new responsibilities
- Management of assigned commodities, Measuring Instruments and Sensors, including IoT sensors (annual PVO of ~ €50 Mio) globally, defining structure and aligning proposals with internal partners
- Cultivate multi-functional and reginal alignment within area of responsibility
- Coordinate and lead a virtual global Commodity sourcing team to achieve optimum conditions and savings through collaborative activities
- Define, adapt and implement Commodity structure as well as material efficiency measures to achieve the maximum contribution to the targets
- Ensure PVO transparency and accurate reporting to derive an appropriate commodity strategy
- Negotiation of global and regional frame agreements as well as supporting project negotiations utilizing advance negotiation concepts and e-Procurement tools
- Organization, monitoring and measurement of pooling and procurement activities with the objective of establishing the optimum purchasing conditions and strategic supply base
- Drive material standardization and leverage digitalization and automation to increase process efficiency
- Relationship management of a diverse set of suppliers with activities such as regular evaluations, planned negotiations, claim support, participation in supplier audits and contract management
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with key business stakeholders
Your skills and experience
- Degree in industrial engineering, business administration or an equivalent education
- At least 3 years of experience as commodity manager for project business in an international environment
- Commercial and contractual experience in negotiating conditions with suppliers for Commodities
- Sound knowledge of contract law with practical experience of their application to project business
- Knowledge of purchasing techniques associated with the procurement of project related material or services
- Additional cross-functional experience gained in other functional areas would be beneficial
- Ability to think strategically, creativity in problem solving and business-results oriented
- Ability to build trust with internal and external stakeholders, within an intercultural environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills in English and German
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform. Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your application.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either