- Manage project portfolio comprehensively
- Helps project teams to achieve top performance
- Understand and guide the team thru the lifecycle of Cloud , IoT applications and devices
- Supports project leaders during planning phases (before M100) including estimated effort and feasibility study
- Agree, align and hold on to overall project goals (multi-project management) with ordering party, project managers or subproject managers
- Supports PM in product range design (introduce technical ramifications) and roadmap definition
- Manages the decision-making process and priorities within project portfolio
- Ensures long-term continuity of technical solutions within portfolio"
- Closely cooperates with the PM and architecture team
- Has intensive contacts to R&D departments
- Ensures information in line with deadlines and steps
- Reports clearly and correctly in status meetings and to steering committees
- Central point of contact for the project portfolio"
- Plans the strategic resource allocation in portfolio according to available budget
- Sets clear project priorities within portfolio in case of resource / budget – conflicts
- Helps select third-party suppliers
- Establishes the portfolio budget
- Controls and monitors the portfolio as well as major projects and verifies the portfolio budget
- Checks if costs are consistent with actual progress and under consideration of associated risks
- Ensures understanding across all projects within portfolio of the goals to be reached, particularly projects with Cloud and Firmware related technologies
- Ensures a positive environment within the portfolio and the project teams
- Adheres to valid processes and drive operational improvements
- Uses tailoring to achieve top productivity at impeccable quality
- Finds simple solutions
- Professional escalation management"
- Ensures that the projects are carried out by observing valid Q processes
- Periodic, very target-oriented risk management focused on business impact
- Proactive evaluation of project risks
- Supports product range design and technical product responsibility
- Protection of patent rights / legal rights
- Ensures change management in various areas (e.g. Requirements Engineering)
- BS/BA with 12+ years related experience and a minimum of 5+ years in leading development projects
- Demonstrated engineering knowledge, program management and planning experience
- Demonstrated strong leadership and execution of reaching critical program goals/milestones while meeting quality, performance, schedule, and budget constrains
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities and results orientation
- Experience releasing a product globally throughout the entire new product development cycle
- Self-starter with intrinsic motivation and strategic planning skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in working with a diversity of different cultures with strong people skills
- Certifications in Project Management and as SAFe Release Train Engineer
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and LEAN skills
- Working experience with project planning tools (MS Project, QSM Suite)
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.