Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking an Operations Manager to
manage our Electrical Services team. This position will directly manage our Field
Service Technicians, Electrical Service Specialists and Field Service Engineers
in the execution of our electrical services business working with low &
medium power distribution systems including switchgear, motor controls, circuit
breakers, panel boards, transformers, surge protection devices, vibration
analysis and metering, battery maintenance and testing, power monitoring, power
quality, and protective relay maintenance. S/he will supervise, direct
and motivate the field service team during planning, estimating, installation,
start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of projects while ensuring
customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
· Low and Medium Voltage Acceptance Testing
· Preventive Maintenance
· Repairs and Upgrades
· Supervises the activities, performance and development of Field Service Technicians, Field Service Engineers and Electrical Service Specialists.
· Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and service agreements and T&M work in assigned geographic area or location.
· Responsible for planning, including resource hiring, development and allocation, manpower forecasting, monitoring and issue resolution planning
· Direct and supervise the development of field personnel to ensure customer commitments are met within the estimated dollars.
· Determine resource needs (e.g. staffing, tool rentals, subcontractors) and provide any corresponding documentation.
· Provide technical and operational support for the sales teams including proper pricing and scope of work definition for service agreement and service project opportunities.
· Communicate regularly with customers through all phases of the service work we perform for them.
· Build and maintain an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
· Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures and productivity tools where applicable.
· Maintain current knowledge of regulatory laws, changes and requirements and ensure compliance.
· Advise and implement industry/field best practices to improve products, applications and services.
· Represents Siemens in industry associations, professional organizations and affiliations and develops relationships with customer, contractors and community leaders
• Responsible for supervising, enforcing our EH&S procedures and fostering a strong safety culture.
• Responsible for planning and maintaining schedule of all field resources. redirect, borrow, hire and share manpower resources as necessary to meet schedules.
• Ensure proper information is turned over to field to efficiently execute work (i.e. plans, estimated hours, schedule, etc.).
• First level of support for field technical issues. Coordinate with project managers to quickly resolve execution issues.
• Ensure entire team accurately completes all required documentation weekly or per due dates - timesheets, expense entry, daily logs, reports, etc.
• Perform periodic checks of field work to ensure high quality of work, and identify potential productivity opportunities.
· Key Performance Indicators will be safety incident recordables, maintaining and forecasting target utilization of field personnel, and customer satisfaction
• Manage field facilities
• Field Supervisor must possess entrepreneurial spirit, strong verbal and written communication skills, strong time management aptitude and strong analytical skills. He/she must well work well with teams and as an individual.
• Provide feedback to all field personnel regarding performance, quality, and productivity issues. Roll out new processes or initiatives pertaining to field teams. Coordinate appropriate training for Field team
• Ensure proper communication between the customer and the field team.
• Supervises employees and provide performance management responsibilities for employees and provides input into hiring and promotion decisions.
· Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
· Required experience: Five+ years experience in the installation, maintenance, or engineering of low & medium voltage power distribution systems as noted in the position overview including at least two years of supervisory or operations management experience
· Required travel: 50%
· Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills in English.
· Excellent organizational skills: must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties effectively.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and be at least 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Administration
· OSHA-30, NETA, NICET Electrical Testing, and/or otherwise industry certified
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.