The Project Manager handles projects in the Portland Area. This individual will be responsible for participating in Building Automation pre-bid cost reviews and and turnover meetings throughout the life cycle of the project. Revenue responsibility ranges between $3.0 to $5.0 Million dollars per year. The quantities of projects managed concurrently vary between 1 to 12 projects. In addition, the Project Manager develops project plans, monitors project progress, and procures subcontractors while maintaining project budgets for complex projects.
General responsibilities will include:
1. The leadership of client meetings and development of contracts to finalize sales, and maintains positive relationships with all clients, vendors, subcontractors, and industry contacts.
2. Completion of concept engineering, as well as creating full and complete project estimates, drafting written proposal responses and contracts.
3. Supervises directs and motivates the Project Team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover, and warranty of assigned projects.
4. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements.
5. Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team.
6. Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports.
8. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
9. Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
10. Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
11. Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion
1. Oversees the engineering job process to include coordination with controls engineering team activities.
2. Responsible for the material procurement and planning process for the projects assigned. In addition the ability to select and order appropriate materials.
3. Monitors material usage, cost, and inventory
4. Mobilizes Subcontractors and Vendors
5. Develops and updates project implementation plans, coordinating resources to mobilize of our work is timely and cost-effective installation and completion of assigned projects or tasks.
6. When required by the field manager will configure, design and engineer systems in the most cost-effective manner while maintaining quality.
7. Manages subcontractors
8. Regularly evaluates cost to complete (CTC) and earned value during each milestone of projects.
1. Ensures the profitability of each project or task
2. Implement “AIA” document billings on all projects.
3. Effectively manages cash, cost, and billing.
4. Consistently produces billings in a timely and accurate manner in a format required by our customers and ensures that Billings are clearly communicated to our customers.
5. Maintains positive cash flow
6. Adhere to specifications, codes, material, installation techniques and safety activities. Responsible for customer approval of detailed job submittals created for the project.
7. Plans and monitors the commissioning and checkout of systems before release to the owner/operator.
8. Ensures job documentation is complete.
9. Properly assigns technical resources for problem resolutions.
10. Proactively evaluates potential problems on the job and initiates action to limit negative outcomes.
11. Field survey customer’s systems during or before installation and, for areas of improvement.
12. Estimates and secures construction and directive change orders.
13. Pursues and estimate Change Orders for equitable adjustments to contracts.
14. Achieves a yearly Change Order goal of 15% of planned revenue
15. Adheres to project and corporate safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety
Required Knowledge, skills, abilities, or education:
- High school diploma or GED
- 8+ years previous mechanical or controls project management experience.
- Strong knowledge of industry fundamentals and business operations; Excellent contracting skills; An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects; Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires 20% travel
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, skills, abilities, or education:
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field
- PM certification
- Strong knowledge of HVAC and building automation controls
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.