• Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for a dynamic leader for our Chicago, IL Branch, specifically for our Building Automation Solutions Sales team. The Sales Manager will ensure strong customer relationships are established and maintained while also driving employees to achieve business goals. The Sales Manager promotes team selling and expansion of existing relationships across Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin.
• Responsibilities include:
• Coordinate sales support activities to facilitate offering and supporting quality products
• Drive sales employees to achieve commitment to the Smart Infrastructure philosophy and customer satisfaction
• Manage employee performance and provide coaching to develop skills and communicate goals and provide performance appraisals
• Review bidding to ensure accuracy and appropriate method to meet company and customer objectives
Assist employees in determining margins, identifying resources and assessing future potential business.
• Participate in selling to large/key accounts as needed
• Support Siemens Smart Infrastructure by networking with other branches within and outside the zone and corporate headquarters to increase knowledge of offerings, and creating opportunities for employees to do the same
• Provide input for best practice work and encourage employees to incorporate new ideas into projects
• Develop sales forecast and provide input to budget. Identify market opportunities and develop strategies to maximize impact for Siemens. Participate in development of long-range sales planning and growth strategies
• Resource to sales employees regarding Siemens Building Products, Applications and Services
• Aware of competitor product/service information and will advise employees on effective sales tactics as needed
• Provide feedback on new products and assess product positioning to maximize achievement of business goals
• Maintain ongoing contacts with large/key accounts and consider these customer’s needs relative to new product development
• Participates in functions in industry associations in accordance with company policy
• Qualifications the ideal candidate will have include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or other related field, although candidates with a combination of education and directly related experience will also be considered; A High School Diploma (or GED Equivalency) is a minimum requirement.
• 5 to 7 years of industry related sales experience including experience managing sales teams preferred. Industry experience should be with Building Automation
• Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills for coaching sales staff and interfacing with customers
• Must possess knowledge & understanding of BAS Systems Integration
• Knowledge of Fire Alarm and Security Systems a plus
• Must possess a valid Driver's License in good standing
• Must be at least 21 years of age and meet eligibility requirements in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.