In the heart of Silicon Valley, recently acquired by Siemens, we are primed for future expansion by redefining Smart Buildings. Enlighted is a trailblazer bringing commercial buildings into the IoT — and we’re looking for the brightest minds out there to help drive that transformation. We’re not just a sensor company, but a data and connectivity company with the big mission of helping our customers meet their sustainability challenges while saving both money and time. Our innovative lighting control systems are already delivering energy savings of up to 85% at a large — and growing — number of Fortune 500 companies. But that’s only the beginning. Our IoT platform for smart buildings with our game-changing sensor technology which collects data in real-time, Enlighted is building exciting use cases for our clients.
We have been honored with numerous accolades including 2019 Frost and Sullivan - Best Practices Award, Sapphire Award's Illuminator of the Year and SSL Smart Lighting Project Award, 2018 IoT Global Award, 2018 Cleantech JPM Securities "Efficient Fifty" and 2017 Technology Headlines Company of the Year.
Enlighted’s mission is to help our customers reach long-range sustainability goals while saving money and growing efficiency. With our first-in-class sensor and analytics platform, we provide smart energy solutions for commercial environments, saving customers up to 85% in energy costs while improving the comfort of workspaces and the efficiency of the people who work in them.
We are seeking hardworking, and enthusiastic software developers and development managers to join the software teams at Siemens. Whether you want to work on some of the world's largest Industrial IOT systems, leverage cutting edge technologies, streamline content delivery to end-users globally, build an awesome user experience, or just code to seek some of the hardest software problems, you will love working at Enlighted Inc. Come join our startup culture and participate first hand in crafting the next generation of computing.
Work with multi-functional teams to develop products, business processes and online commercialization of cloud applications. Perform research and development on new cloud technologies and methodologies. Develop best practices used across Enlighted Inc for cloud development and deployment.
Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems. You will work with technical leaders to refine our technical direction, and own design, implementation, and operation of core services, which support all Siemens cloud services. You will work closely with a tight, agile team that ships features continuously, and you will be able to see the impact of your work on real customers. Provide problem resolution and technical leadership for the group. Proactive work on highly complex projects with latitude for independent judgment and technical expertise
What you will be doing:
- Cloud development experience
- Building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that will be optimally delivered to customers
- Crafting and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, and reliable applications on AWS
- Selecting appropriate AWS services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements
- Migrating complex, multi-tier applications on AWS
- Implementing cost control strategies
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other related discipline required
Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as:
- Java, C++, C#, Scala, Python
4+ years of professional experience in software development, with experience in one or more areas:
- Define, design and deliver a distributed automation platform for compute, storage, database, queuing and other infrastructure
- Understanding – web service development
- Knowledge of multi-tier architectures across multiple technology stacks .net, Java, J2EE, web servers, caching, application servers, RDBMS/NoSQL: MySQL, Mongo, Dynamo DB
AWS / Azure / GCP Experience
- Proficiency in designing, developing and deploying cloud based solution using GCP or AWS or Azure
- Understanding of core AWS/Azure services, uses, and basic architecture standard methodologies
- Self-Directed, High Energy
- Proven leadership skills; ability to work independently with minimal supervision as part of a globally distributed virtual team
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product lines, roles and geographical and time zone boundaries
- Excellent oral/written communication & listening skills will be necessary to present information, analysis & recommendations to all levels of employees, including management, and customers.
- High degree of organization to lead & maintain project plans, road maps & provide accurate updates as part of the review cycle.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Enlighted, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.