Cloud and DevOps Engineer
At Siemens, we believe that everything people do in life deserves a flawless place to do it. A precise place to learn. A magnificent place to grow. With a 170-year history, Siemens has a strong track record of adapting to help customers power the world in times of change, and today is no different.
You will be a part of the IOT Development Services team for Gas and Power Digitalization at our Pune location.
Why Siemens Gas and Power? We help navigate the world’s most pressing energy challenges.
Ø Our Portfolio: Only company able to support the entire energy value chain
· We are uniquely positioned as the ONLY Company in the world that can provide fully integrated products, solutions, and services along the energy value chain.
· We are innovating and co-creating with you to make fossil energy greener; deliver decentralized, flexible power solutions; manage the complexities of the grid; improve and de-risk aging assets; and much more.
Ø Our Pedigree: 170+ years of increasing power access and reducing emissions. We’ve been a successful pioneer in the energy system since our founding. Today, around 20 percent of the global power generation is based on our technology.
Ø Our People: Our team of over 100 professionals is working on the digital transformation for Gas & Power Services and forms a meaningful part of the global network of about 17,500 software guides within Siemens. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
Here is your role. What part will you play?
· Define, implement, deploy and maintain development, staging & production environments for cloud-based (Amazon Web Services, AWS) micro-services architecture
· Infrastructure provisioning for enterprise-wide cloud platform
· Monitor infrastructure including proactive capacity management and replication strategies
· Build and operate CICD pipelines
· Build and operate a secure cloud and networking environment; responsible for end-to-end platform security and security audits
· Automation of various processes using state-of-the-art tools to enable DevOps culture
· Operational tasks for maintenance of the platform
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
· B.E. or B.Tech. with 3-5 years of total experience and relevant experience of 1-2 years on AWS and DevOps tools
· Experience with Continuous Delivery / Continuous Integration tools
· Strong know how on AWS CLI as well as AWS web console
· Expert knowledge on AWS services such as EC2, EBS, RDS, S3, Lambda, SNS etc.
· Knowledge of the full stack tools used to deploy and manage web applications; CI/CD with Git and Jenkins (or equivalent solutions)
· Good knowledge on hosting and managing micro-services on AWS, with clarity on IAAS and PAAS concepts; know-how on security architecture with VPCs, subnets, IAM
· Experience of working in an agile distributed environment
· Exposure to working in a web-solution environment (with microservice architecture)
· Understands architectural concepts for distributed systems and cloud technologies
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
· Competitive compensation
· An opportunity to shape the future of autonomous systems
· World-class researchers and engineers as team members
· We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Gas & Power Services at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/energy/services.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time