Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
You are an experienced Strategic Procurement Buyer (Buying Professional) to work at our factory (SMO RS CP TD MF NW) located in Nashik.
What are your responsibilities?
- You define commodity strategies for assigned spend considering any global sourcing strategies and tailoring them to fit the local business requirements
- You prepare and conduct negotiations with suppliers for low to high purchasing volumes in order to deliver the relevant savings for each category and increase the payment terms conditions
- You implement and manage supplier contracts and agreements to meet the specific needs of the business whilst ensuring service continuity and mitigating risk
- You interface with internal stakeholders to assess current and future sourcing requirements
- You ensure Siemens’ interests are represented in all competitive sourcing activities leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, delivery, service and technology
- You drive productivity initiatives within assigned commodities in order to maximise material cost savings
- You support the Supplier Qualification Process for new suppliers in partnership with Supplier Quality Management (SQM), Project Procurement and New Product Development (NPD)
- You perform Supplier Evaluations and drive Supplier Development Plans within the supply chain
- You are proactive Supplier Relationship Management, ensuring Siemens is a preferred customer
- You independently prepare and carry out negotiations with suppliers
- You know the cost structure of his/her commodity in detail and identifies improvement potentials;
- You provide reliable and precise cost calculations/comparisons behind supplier offers
- You harness supplier innovation in collaboration with CVE and NPD
- You work alongside CVE in order to better understand key material cost drivers
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- You are Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- You should have 8-10 years’ experience in a Buyer position within a Procurement function preferably for Traction Business.
- You have knowledge of purchasing fundamentals including RFQ's and Negotiation
- You have ability to build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders is important
- You have strong knowledge of purchasing fundamentals
- You are proactive with the ability to influence and challenge the status quo
- You have ability to drive performance improvements and you are a great teamwork and collaboration
- You are self-motivated, highly driven and results focused
- You have ability to be innovative in issues related to strategic sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance and supply
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/in/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time