Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Technical writer will work closely with Lead Technical Writer/Supervisor for the given project assignment
- Technical writer is responsible for determining the detailed Job Scope, interaction with Project Teams and collecting the required client information
- Technical writer is responsible to determine the source of content availability. He/She will create the required technical write-ups, illustrations and bill of materials (BoM’s) configure into PDF form, hyperlinking the required information
- Technical writer will produce the required cover sheet, and responsible to produce the IOM as per standards set by Olean Operations (No. of sections and all relevant information)
- Technical writer is responsible to save technical document in department project folder structure at appropriate location; compile digital or hardcopy master manual
- Technical writer is also responsible for review and/or revise of manuals as & when required; additionally, responsible for printing and shipment of Technical Manuals
- The Technical Writer is responsible for making sure that all Instruction Manuals (both hardcopy and electronic versions) are correct (including all revisions to the order), complete, and shipped in a timely manner.
- Ensures that individual or departmental environmental and safety issues are handled according to legal requirements, company policy and procedures, and good work practices. Consults supervisor or manager with questions relating to environmental or safety responsibilities.
- Adopts a personal commitment to excellence. Actively supports and participates in the Total Quality process. Promotes positive change and continuous process improvement.
- Actively contributes to the teamwork concept, builds alliances among work units and cooperates effectively with others to achieve department and Operations objectives.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Production Engineering with 4 to 7 years of experience in technical writing, publications, technical illustrations, catalog creation for rotating equipment’s
- Working knowledge of NX11 & GloBus Teamcenter 11
- Candidates with good product knowledge about turbomachinery will be added advantage
- Candidate should possess excellent communication and presentation skills
- Expertise’s working in MS Office (Project, Excel & PowerPoint), Adobe PDF, SAP to facilitate project execution.
- Strong soft personal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
- Demonstrate good time management and prioritization skills by responding positively to and meeting submittal deadlines
- Willing to work in in second shift in order to cater good overlap with Europe. UK and North America operations
- Willing to travel abroad and should have valid Passport.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time