If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens is a global powerhouse positioned along the electrification value chain – from power generation, transmission and distribution to smart grid solutions and the efficient application of electrical energy – as well as in the areas of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens!
The Country Security Officer (CSO) contributes to the security of Siemens personnel, assets and operations. In support of Regional Company CEO/ Management and the Regional Security Officer (RSO) you are responsible for supporting, implementation and compliance with the requirements set by the Siemens Corporate Security HQ (Governance and Markets (SEC)). You have the opportunity to work closely with the other GM SEC departments to promote security awareness and to deliver cost effective security measures in support of business objectives. You will be required to have, build and maintain Siemens internal and external professional security networks.
What are my responsibilities?
- Undertakes tasks as requested by RSO and/or country management to ensure adherence to Siemens security standards and processes set by GM SEC.
- Provides tactical advice and operational support to management in responding to security related incidents, including incident and crisis management, incident reporting and investigation
- Supports the development of local security procedures to mitigate security threats whilst proactively monitoring the security environment in order to prioritize activities to support business goals and achievements.
- Develops and supports local initiatives in response to business security requirements and to maintain security awareness within individual business units.
- Provides input and feedback to the GM SEC functional departments for the developing regulations, processes and services.
- Build and maintain internal and external networks in order to stay current with industry best practice and developments in delivering cost effective security.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Relevant education background is highly desirable. Bachelor's or Master's degree preferable.
- At least 10 years experience in military/private /commercial security management background with at-least 5 years in Iraq Security environment,
- In depth knowledge of the security issues in the Iraq and the region, corporate security risk management methodologies and the security standards set by GM SEC.
- Networking and relationship management skills
What else do I need to know ..
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
Organization: Governance & Markets
Company: SAG PE Iraq Baghdad Branch
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time