Technical Support Specialist
Siemens is searching for a Technical Support Specialist to provide in-depth technical support for our Medium Voltage Drives customers and to be a customer advocate to provide best in class service.
• Fast-paced support center environment.
• Uses in-depth technical knowledge to process customer questions and to recommend potential
solutions for our Siemens Sinamics Perfect Harmony Medium Voltage drive products.
• Processes ASSIST Support Requests to achieve team service level targets and helps to set team
priorities / balance team workload.
• Represents the customer during TSR (technical support request) meetings with Field Service, Project Management, Engineering, and other internal groups as required.
• Conveys technical knowledge via the generation of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), Tips & Tricks,
Application Notes, etc. and provides Technical Support input on upcoming products.
• Helps customers related to product capabilities, application knowledge, and troubleshooting techniques.
• Position requires both scheduled 24x7 rotational on-call support and occasionally unplanned on-site
Performs complex product support to customers remotely via telephone, e-mail, and fax and documents accordingly. Completes on-site and in-house troubleshooting for complex products and other related products to
customers. Performs in active programs to increase customer satisfaction. Performs in disseminating complex product knowledge. Performs in recommending complex product needs of the customer to product design
group. Completes coordination for new product introductions as they relate to product support.
• Direct medium voltage technical support with application / engineering experience
• Excellent technical skills with proven knowledge of our medium voltage drive products such as Sinamics Perfect Harmony. Experience with SINAMICS Simovert products is a plus.
• Proven ability to professionally manage customer communication for complex issues and /or sensitive situations.
• Proven ability to work closely with a variety of roles such as field service, engineering, and product management to effectively prioritize and resolve customer issues in a fast-paced environment.
Required Knowledge, Experience & Education
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
5-8 years of successful hands on proficiency in electrical schematics, Variable Frequency Drives, Medium Voltage equipment
Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
PreferredTeam Center , SAP, PLC & Customer Service Trouble Shooting Support
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.