Siemens is seeking an Engineering Specialist to support the Security Team in the Portland area. This position requires advanced expertise on Security, CCTV and Card Access systems as applied to new construction in the commercial market. Utilizing new and existing tools, standards and procedures, a Commissioning Technician provides estimating, review designs, oversees and performs front end and field installations and terminations, start-up, and commissioning of components and systems. The Technician acts as a technical resource as needed and has the potential to manage projects.
- This role is a senior level career position.
- The primary goal of the position is to provide high level technical support, programming and commissioning of Siemens and third party security systems.
- The position is responsible to a Field Supervisor.
- Prebid review of projects for estimating support
- Layout and supervise subcontractors as needed
- Terminate head end panels and field devices
- Provide on-site field activities to include programming, startup and final commissioning.
- Assist less experienced employees in their technical development.
- Manage project financials including forecasting and scheduling
- Assist is supervising lower level employees and subcontractors.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
- May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications, and codes to determine project requirements and risks; provides value engineering ideas and details.
Required Knowledge/Skill, Education, and Experience
- Required Education: High School Diploma
- Required Experience: 3+ years experience in the installation and programming Security CCTV and Access Control Systems
- Required Certification: Oregon State LEA or LEB License – Journeyman
- Required Travel: 10%
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Other Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan, and must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.