- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
- Assists in development of and submits scope of work, job safety analyses and Job Hazard assessments
- Assists in the review of task plans, drawings and installation schematics and provides continual support throughout task duration
- Dismantles, analyzes, repairs and sets up of Variable Frequency Drives Power Cells & other electronic equipment
- Analyzes technical problems with the product, and completes mechanical and/or electrical repairs and work orders
- Plans and executes assigned repair projects
- Executes ramp up, set up and start procedures in order to test products, machines and equipment to ensure appropriate functionality
- Communicates and cooperates with customer service or customer directly to evaluate required repair
- Contributes to installation projects on site, and support accountable Field Service Technicians
- Constantly monitors availability of parts, tools, consumable or other material and machines needed to complete repairs
- Supports maintenance of technical documentations of processes and equipment
- Develops and submits technical reports covering all job activities
- Assists the maintenance of tools and test equipment.
- Experience with and working knowledge of Medium Voltage (MV) industrial Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) & associated Electrical systems (Power Cells) is preferred (Siemens Drives experience is an asset)
- Electrical/Electronic Technician or similar, Engineering degree/diploma/certificate, Journeyperson or Apprentice Electrical trade coupled with 1-3/3-5 years equivalent work experience. Advanced degree may not be substituted for experience.
- Knowledge of MV VFD principals and programming is an asset
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and understanding and influencing people are important requirements in the job
- Ability to read and understand technical documents, schematic design specification and update drawings as required.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, and other applications or computerized maintenance management systems or ERP/CMMS, eg. SAP, Oracle, Maximo, GSP (Global Services Platform) are considered an asset
- Work in a Repair Shop atmosphere with high volume/demand, fast paced environment with repetitive tasks
- Receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embrace continuous improvement
- Willingness to build strong working relationships both internal & external (customers) and contribute to a positive work environment
- Must be respectful, approachable and team oriented
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.