This position can be located anywhere in the eastern US, within 50 miles of a major airport.
Siemens Energy Performance Services business is looking for an experienced Safety Specialist to create and administer safety plans for construction projects across the US. We are looking for a team player with field construction experience. The candidate will work independently but be part of the quality team and an integral member of the EPS business group.
We are looking for independent and driven team players that are interested in joining a stable, Energy Performance Services respected industry leader.
- Perform on-site safety inspections of Siemens EPS subcontractors to ensure compliance with the PSSP and applicable regulatory safety standards.
- Participate in weekly SI RSS EHS department staff meetings
- Train EPS Project Managers and Implementation Managers in the PSSP process
- Overall coordination and promotion of Zero Harm Culture across the EPS organization
- Writing Project Specific Safety Plans
- Supervise and administer safety activities
- Conduct work area surveillance, audits, inspections, property damage and personal injury investigations
- Train Site Operations to conduct site safety orientation training and to monitor adherence to the PSSP
- Ensure compliance with corporate safety programs and standards
- Monitor hazardous working conditions and mitigate unsafe activities through safety management, training and coordination with supervisory personnel
- Identify, document and correct unsafe site conditions in coordination with Site Operations management
- Accompany all safety, management, and insurance inspectors on walk through tours
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
· Previous experience working in the EHS on construction projects
· Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures
· Three to five years’ construction experience with a familiarity of EHS Processes
· High degree of travel required (>50%)
· Proficiency in Microsoft office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook).
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Previous experience administering compliance with third party customer vetting sights (IS Net world, Contructsecure, Avetta, etc) helpful
· Understanding of and ability to use BIM360 Field helpful
· First Aid, CPR and AED
· OSHA 30-hour certification
· Familiarity with federal, state, local, regulations or how to find them
· OSHA 500 certification
· OHST certification
· Certified Lead auditor for EHS Management Systems
· College level degree in EHS or related field
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.