We are Smart Infrastructure Division in Siemens Ltd. is one of the top tier global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the efficient, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. As the trusted partner for the development and extension of an efficient and reliable power infrastructure that industry and the portfolio they need.
We make real what matters. This is your role.
- The System Engineer’s primary responsibility is for the technical achievement of the project goals. The System Engineer is accountable to the Team Lead and Project Manager and provide support in system installation.
- Travel to remote sites for support and proactive approach in resolving any issue related to OS and Hardware.
- Brings up Risks, Issues and Changes to the Project Team and resolves technical disputes and makes tradeoffs
- Hardware and Networking knowledge and RH Linux OS knowledge
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as the need arises. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Two to Four years system administration experience.
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends
- Take ownership at site & coordination with customer in daily basis
We don't need superheroes, just super minds!
We are looking for a Bachelor Degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science / ECE/ Electrical Engineering/ IT
Red Hat Certified Engineer is Mandatory. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time