Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) Manager (Midlands)
Does working for an award-winning company that’s at the forefront of innovation and technology, a company that values diversity, embraces flexibility and puts safety in the heart of all we do. You would be joining a business that is ranked by Glassdoor as one of the top 30 places to work in the UK! Then come and join us at Siemens Mobility Rolling stock we offer all of this and more!
You will manage the HSEW function to champion, facilitate and support the effective and proportionate management of health, safety and environmental risk in every area of the Siemens Rolling Stock Business.
Act as an expert adviser and a critical friend to staff and management, collaborate with colleagues in the Health, Safety, Environment and Wellbeing function to ensure legal compliance and to deliver continual improvement in pursuit of excellence, and proactively engage in developing the team of HSEW Advisers to support their professional development and ensure sustainability and effectiveness of the function
What are my responsibilities?
· Oversee provision of advice on legislation, policies, procedures and best practice in relation to health, safety and environmental protection. Act as an expert referral point for complex or unsolved issues.
· Supervise assurance activity and support development of KPI data
· Facilitate delivery of company and local plans for continual improvement in health, safety and environmental performance
· Support effective risk management and the ongoing development of risk control strategies to enable business activities
· Provide managed support in incident investigation, evaluation and follow up to support continual improvement
· Champion, support and advise on risk management in every area of the business. Act as an expert referral point for escalation of complex issues and develop in depth expertise in one or more technical areas
· Oversee development of risk assessments and working instructions
· Monitor implementation of agreed risk control measures and provide coaching and advice to support best practice
· Identify and action areas for improvement
· Liaise with the HSEW function to support consistency in risk management approaches across the business
· Actively demonstrate commitment and adherence to the Siemens zero harm principles and 4 steps process.
· Actively participate in pursuit of sustainability and environmental protection
· Develop and deliver briefings, and guidance material as required to inform stakeholders on HSEW matters and support development of a positive culture
· Collate and forward suggestions for improvement
· Oversee the site induction process
· Support development of bids, tenders and sales proposals as required
· Engage in external liaison with industry and other partners on HSEW issues
· Proactively lead the team to deliver an effective and efficient service to the business
· Role model the Siemens Rolling Stock behaviours and business conduct guidelines
· Proactively support continuing professional development and take prompt action to address areas of poor performance or inappropriate behaviour in line with established policies and procedures
· Undertake succession planning to assure the long term sustainability of the HSEW function
Health, Safety & Environment
- Implement safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility
- Understand, implement and comply with the Siemens Rail Systems HSQE policies.
- Communicate health and safety responsibilities to your team (or virtual team) and ensure employees raise issues and participate in implementation of agreed changes.
- Fully participate and engage in RL behavioural safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely.
- Engage with HSQE team to agree targets and priorities to communicate and cascade to team.
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and any others affected by one’s own acts or omissions
Qualifications, Experience & Technical Know-How
· Chartered membership of an appropriate professional body
· Level 5 or 6 qualification in health and safety
· Qualification in environmental awareness
· Relevant experience ideally in engineering and rail sectors
· Lead auditor qualification
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills, management skills and influencing skills
· Experience of performance management
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time