HSEW Advisor – Crawley – (location independant will be considered)
Siemens Mobility are recruiting for a HSEW advisor to be based out of Crawley Offices covering our Thameslink Rolling Stock contract. The HSEW Advisor will be responsible to champion, facilitate and support the effective and proportionate management of health, safety and environmental risk in every area of the Siemens Rolling Stock Business. Act as an expert adviser and a critical friend to staff and management, and collaborate with colleagues in the Health, Safety, Environment and Wellbeing function to ensure legal compliance and to deliver continual improvement in pursuit of excellence
What are my Responsibilities?
- Provide coaching, guidance and advice to projects and employees on HSQE legislation and standards using specialist knowledge and competence.
- Assist in the development and review of Project Environmental, Health and Safety plans and other supporting project documentation.
- Ensure safety risks, environmental aspects and health risks are identified and regularly reviewed for projects, locations and services. As well as suitable mitigation control implemented and maintained.
- Attend client meetings and forums as required. Attend project meetings to ensure all EHS requirements are considered and actioned.
- Assist projects using problem solving techniques to resolve EHS issues, proactively promote best practice and be an integral part of the project team.
- Undertake audits and inspections on site, and of sub-contractors/suppliers in conjunction with the project audit plan.
- Provide awareness training, mentoring, briefing and information to the Project / Office Teams on EHS matters to ensure awareness of relevant legislation and standards.
- Develop and document local Emergency/Business continuity plans and provide support in your area of responsibility for ensuring their effectiveness.
- Investigate HSQE issues, including accidents, incidents, occupational ill-health and high potential close calls. Ensure applicable regulatory reporting is completed and records maintained.
- Provide regular reports and analysis of EHS performance within your area of responsibility, as well as actions to address any negative performance and / or emerging trends.
- Support maintenance of the Business Management System as required to ensure compliance with ISO 9001, 14001, and OHSAS 18001 and client requirements. This will include supporting the development and review of procedures and instructions.
- Review of legislation, industry standards and guidance documents as directed by the standards review group.
- Ensure all EHS records are centrally maintained to comply with legal requirements, contract requirements and Siemens standards for document retention and records management.
- Within your area of responsibility contribute and implement EHS Standards and programmes, including; Zero Harm, Health & Wellbeing, Driver Safety and the Serve the Environment Programme
- Support the implementation of the HSQE strategy and EHS initiatives as directed by the HSQE Lead. As well as any applicable client led initiatives.
- Support the bidding process for Rail Einfrastructure, submitting written responses when requested.
- Support steering groups and worker engagement groups to drive a positive culture and continuous improvement and in support of the Business Strategy / Vision.
- Display Ownership behaviours and operate to the highest business standards and ethics, managing risk and protecting the Siemens brand in accordance with the Siemens Business Conduct Guidelines.
- Continuous improvement of the job and activities in line with the Siemens Values.
- Maintenance and development of professional knowledge and competence though relevant Continued Professional Development programme.
What Qualifications and Experience do I need?
- NEBOSH General Cert
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent Qualification) Not essential
- Environmental Management Certificate
- Internal auditor qualification (environment, health and safety or quality)
- Track Safety / Passport competence relevant to role (PTS / ICI).
- Ideally have working knowledge of both rail and engineering interfaces and practices
- Relevant industry and professional experience with EHS
- Good understand of Quality processes, standards and improvement techniques.
- Experience in accident investigation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Coaching & collaboration skills.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 381,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time