Russelectric, A Siemens Business, is a leading U.S. manufacturer of power control systems including paralleling switchgear and automatic transfer switches. As a growing business, we are looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our growing team. The Field Service Engineer (FSE) will be responsible for the modification and debugging of the PLC control logic and SCADA programs used to control and monitor switchgear systems. These skills will be utilized to implement and manage both new equipment installations and startup as well as sophisticated modifications that include PLC and SCADA upgrades as well as any wiring modifications required.
The FSE will also be responsible for advising the Engineering SCADA and PLC development team to ensure that all issues encountered in the field are documented and understood by the in-house team.
1. Maintains a positive attitude.
2. Always receptive to feedback, willing to learn, and embracing continuous improvement.
3. Communicates effectively with all levels of employees and management.
4. Confirm project requirements by reviewing the program objective vs. hardware provided.
5. Work with customers to develop MOPs and timelines for new gear startup or modifications.
6. Provide troubleshooting support for Field Service Engineers.
7. Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
1. Strong understanding of PLC Network Architecture. This includes, but is not limited to Redundant PLC Controllers, Remote IO Drops, and all associated network protocols.
2. Strong understanding of SCADA Network Architecture. This includes but is not limited to Network Address Translation (NAT) Routers, Modbus, and all associated network protocols.
3. Ability to troubleshoot and edit SCADA applications that interface with the PLC system(s) being provided.
4. Strong understanding of Emergency Power Switchgear System, and Automatic Transfer Switch operation. This includes, but is not limited to No-Load Tests, ATS Load Tests, Manual/Auto Load Control, and Generator Demand.
5. Strong understanding of Utility/Generator Switchgear System operation. This includes, but is not limited to Open Transition Transfers, 100ms Overlap Transfers, Soft Loading Transfers, Transfer Failures, and Electrical Events while the Generators are paralleled with a Utility Source.
6. Strong understanding of the dynamics of parallel systems and the interaction of voltage regulators and speed controllers.
7. Strong understanding of basic electrical principles; Ohm’s Law, Kirchhoff's Law, and other fundamental principles.
8. Ability to support custom PLC programming for new and legacy Utility/Generator Switchgear Systems modifications. These modifications will be implemented to an on-line facility, and a smooth transition from old to new automation is crucial. Utility/Generator Switchgear Systems provide power to the on-line facility at all times, making it extremely difficult to implement incremental upgrades. For this reason, full, accurate simulation of the system in the various stages of the upgrade is also required.
9. Ability to setup and configure a Server OS for use with the SCADA system. This includes, but is not limited to Configuring Users, RDP Licensing, Thin Client and Access Anywhere installation and setup.
10. Ability to support PLC software for the largest, most complex, Switchgear Systems that have been / will be provided by the company.
11. Collaborate with other departments, commissioning agents, and end users to develop MOPs (method of procedures) and estimated times for safe implementation of sophisticated modifications.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
1. Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of formal education, training and experience, with a strong emphasis on experience.
2. Ability to demonstrate the above skill sets.
3. Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Ability to manage adverse situations when things aren’t going well.
6. Ability to thrive in a diverse environment with minimal supervision.
7. Proficiency with windows based operating systems and TCP/IP networks.
8. Knowledge of standard data types (Boolean, Integer, Double Integer, Floating Point, etc…)
9. Understand that a Black Box accepts a signal, processes it, and outputs a result.
10. Ability to interpret schematics, wiring prints, point lists, and other documentation.
11. Ability to implement wiring changes as described on a set of prints.
12 Understanding of 3 phase power.
13. Strong understanding of diesel generator start/stop control, synchronizing, load sharing, and soft loading.
14. Experience with a variety of communication methods, such as Genius, SRTP, Ethernet Global Data, Profinet, and Modbus.
15. Experience with a variety of programming PLCs and SCADAs, including LM90, VersaPro, Proficy, RSLogix 5000, and Wonderware.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing. Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.