Real trendsetters in every language.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation requires trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge promotes the sharing of expertise through discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and embrace our cutting-edge technology and innovation.
· Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
· Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
· Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
· Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
· Competitive total rewards package.
· Profit sharing available.
· Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
· Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
· Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
· Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
· Employee perks and discounts.
· Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
Performs a broad range of IT operations (including software installation and integration, update and release management, application customizing, change request evaluation and implementation, etc.) to ensure that given IT Operations of application landscapes are kept available to the business.
- Performs IT operations and maintenance activities according to approved procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Contributes to planning, designing and implementing of the operational and maintenance environment for in-house IT application or infrastructure landscapes.
- Supports customization and facilitates IT operations and maintenance processes.
- Implements programs and procedures for safeguarding data/information security and safety in IT Operations.
- Executes relevant operational and maintenance tests, and designs and documents existing and changed operational processes.
- Communicates with vendors and service providers on an accountable level to solve principle local IT problems, or cooperates with central IT in that respect.
- Drives principle IT Operations on-site or at the region.
- Performs IT installations, integration as well as operations and maintenance processes requiring in-depth technical knowledge in specific fields of expertise such as data center, network, IT workplace or telecommunications operations as well as the operation and maintenance of individual and whole landscapes of business and infrastructure applications.
- Develops necessary service levels in order to fulfill operational requirements.
- Identifies operational IT problems and seeks resolutions without impact to end user.
- Keeps abreast of developments in industry regarding IT operations and maintenance.
- Degree or diploma in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- 3 to 5 years of cloud solution experience
- A+ Certification, CCNA or CompTIA Network + or equivalent is preferred
- Cloud Provider (AWS, Azure, GCP etc.). Working knowledge of AWS including provisioning and configuration of common services such as EC2, VPC, Route53, S3
- Working knowledge of commercial virtualization and containerization platforms such as Vmware, Hyper-V, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience troubleshooting server related I/O, CPU, Memory, Disk performance issues
- Experience with Application servers, servlet containers, and web servers (Tomcat, Jboss)
- Understanding of networking technologies (sub-netting, routing, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Read/write basic shell scripts
- Usage of the following tools such as Linux, Jira, Confluence and Bamoboo, Gitlab, Jenkins, BackupPC, Proxmox, NFS Storage, KVM Hypervisor, Oracle Enterprise DB, RedHat / CentOS and MS Windows Server
- Demonstrated experience running and orchestrating containers in a production environment
- Proven experience building and supporting KVM infrastructure
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment successfully balancing tasks from multiple parties
- You are resilient, sharp, passionate and forward thinking.
- Recognized for your ability to identify problems, craft a business solution and execute a plan to increase organizational performance.
- Exceptional communicator, with an innate ability to influence a broad range of stakeholders and own decision making.
- Recognized for your learning mindset and ability to understand the business and challenges, and implement new and innovative approaches that result in improvements in organizational performance
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.