SCM Digitalization Data Analyst
Siemens Healthineers is embracing Digitalization by devising organizational structures, tools, methods and processes for handling enterprise wide data that contributes to the production of high-quality information. Supply Chain Digitalization provides the means to drive supply chain performance optimization enabling the full potential of digital technologies. This enables SHS LD to streamline routine activities, expand the capabilities of systems, and enhance analytical practices. Focus is on utilizing better digital solutions to drive greater improvements in supply-chain performance.
The SCM Digitalization Analyst is well versed in using analytical tools and technologies to support the execution of digitalization across the SCM enterprise. Digital transformation means employing analytics, artificial intelligence, robotics, the Internet of Things, and other advanced technologies to collect and process information automatically and supports data driven decision making and process automation. Supply-chain digital transformation is about supporting and executing the vision for how digital applications can improve service, cost, agility, optimize inventory levels and drive productivity improvements. They enjoy digging into the process details, data mining and have a desire to learn and ask questions. They are passionate about data driven processes literacy and how operations can improve through Digitalization.
Reporting lines and location:
The SCM Digitalization Analyst will report to the Head of SCM Data Governance & Analytics for the Laboratory Diagnostics Business Area of Siemens Healthineers. Success in this position requires the right mix of business acumen and organization, integrated process thinking, product lifecycle knowledge and above all else people skills. The position will preferably be based at our headquarter offices in Tarrytown, New York but consideration will also be given to well qualified internal applicants local to the US East Coast.
Job Description Summary
- SCM Digitalization Analyst supports multiple projects with a focus on executing digitalization project tasks within the Supply Chain Manufacturing, Demand Planning and Logistics areas.
- Position will collaborate with cross-functional business areas on new digitalization initiatives.
- Direct contributor to projects; accountable for project deliverables and can work in an agile process together with subject matter experts and IT in order to provide end-to-end solutions; defines and provides requirements to IT infrastructure.
- Conducts data exploration and identifies relevant data sets and new relations in data. Identifies further data requirements and integrates such data.
- Develops and tests prototypes in an industrial environment, validates and communicates results to answer targeted business questions.
- Develops analytic models, configures and deploys algorithms, selects optimal tool and define visualization method/tool to display results.
- Sets up data visualization systems to display results in most appropriate way based on cognitive science.
- Collaborates with Enterprise IT, service and product business units to maintain analytics model.
- Explores new innovative technologies and open source projects.
- Utilizes advanced analytical methods (Process mining, data modeling, predictive analytics) to identify business process opportunities.
- Drives process mapping events utilizing SPS lean methods and tools.
- Maintains network to business experts and other subject matter experts to understand business data analytics requirements and identify data analytics driven business opportunities.
- Expected 20% travel to both domestic and international Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics offices as you will be supporting the presentation of process optimization proposals to the business.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Successful experience in data analytics and/or IT consulting.
· BS / BA with a concentration in Data Science/ Analytics or related degree required. MS/MA degree, preferably in computer science or (applied) mathematics. Supply Chain experience would be a plus.
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Savvy in digitalization, data & process modeling.
- Solid understanding of the software development process, including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies, release/version control, contemporary testing methodologies and deployment management.
- Strong analysis, design and implementation experience with technologies.
- Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of project management for data analytics and machine learning applications.
- Extensive experience with analyzing processes and developing solutions for solving complex business problems.
- Advanced knowledge of IT systems, data architecture and Business Intelligence (BI) tools for data analytics and visualization (e.g. Python, R, SQL, Qlik, SAS VA, Tableau).
- MS/MA degree, preferably in computer science or (applied) mathematics.
- Strong communication, and presentation skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of lean management techniques preferred.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.