Engineering Student Internship
Location: Livonia, MI
Start Date: Summer 2020
Hours: Full time during the summer
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
As an intern, you will get the opportunity to:
- Support ongoing Engineering Services Projects
- Assist team members on various project tasks related to modeling, simulation, machine learning and deep learning
- Evaluate technical approaches discussed in research papers, modeling in Simulink and Amesim and coding in MATLAB, Python and C
- Understand the project engineer needs and developing a solution jointly with the engineer
- Develop and test control systems for autonomous machine applications.
- Develop examples and use cases to demonstrate the functionality of Siemens Test and Simulation package to design and deploy AI based autonomous controllers.
- Perform analysis using methods in MATLAB and Python to study the behavior.
- Document the implementation and results.
the approach and the solution to the project team.
- Currently enrolled in a university pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree in engineering or a related field
- Graduating in 2021 or later
- Broad knowledge and experience in modeling using Simulink, Machine Learning and Deep Learning techniques
- Programming experience in MATLAB, Python and C
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.