This is a remote position working for the Enterprise Zone and can be located anywhere within US close to a major airport.
In this role, you will create dynamic custom graphic packages that follow Siemens Standards and meet customer requirements using AutoCAD, Micrografx, and Siemens Products. Define graphical user interface enabling customers’ control of their SMART Buildings. Graphics will include visual representations of Campuses, Datacenters, Commercial facilities and the related infrastructure.
- Developing graphic backgrounds for projects from engineering submittals
- Adding dynamics and point blocks to graphics in Insight / DesigoCC
- Meets with customers, Project Managers and Systems Engineers to understand the objectives and requirements of the job.
- Estimates the time required to complete the work.
- Works with a variety of graphic design tools including Auto CAD and Micrographics Designer,and the full line of Siemens graphic user interface products.
- Develops the overall layout and design for schematics used in construction of buildings.
- Presents finalized graphics to Project Managers.
- Tracking time spent on graphics and staying within time allocated in budget
- Maintaining skills using graphic programs
- Visit job sites to understand customer’s needs and create graphics accordingly.
- Peer Review other graphic designers work to maintain quality and consistency
- Knowledge of secondary graphic programs such as FINBuilder and Facility Prime
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam required
- Education (degree type and area of study)
- Technical proficiency (including number of years)
- Industry/business acumen (specify type and number of years)
- Work experience (including number of years))
- Knowledge, skills, or expertise)
- Up to 40% of travel in this position
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree in graphics design or 3- 5 years of relevant vocational training preferred. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
- Generally 3+ years of successful experience in technical or specialty area with demonstrated competence in principal duties.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD.
- Good relationship building skills; ability to interpret customer requirements.
- Must be able to think creatively to produce designs that will meet project specifications.
- Good attention to detail and analytical skills needed.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S, without the need for current or future sponsorship.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.