Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking an experienced Operations Manager to lead our Security Solutions project business in the Boston market. The Operations Manager directs the activity of staff, including the work of Project Managers, Engineers, and Technicians. This role may also take on project management or high-level account management duties for larger customers.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
· Plan, organize, direct, and control all Security project operations activities to ensure profitable growth.
· Advise management on local operations planning including resource hiring, development and allocation, financial forecasting, monitoring, and issue resolution planning.
· Manage revenue and gross margin to achieve monthly and annual business plans. Monitor project status and control job costs to maintain margins along with getting billings out in a timely manner on a monthly basis.
· Direct and supervise the development of project work to ensure customer commitments are met within the estimated cost. Oversee supervision of all project efforts and personnel on assigned jobs. Ensure schedules are maintained and work proceeds in accordance with contractual requirements and customer expectations. Determine resource needs (e.g. staffing, tools) and provide any corresponding documentation.
· Provide technical and operational support for the sales teams, including proper pricing and scope of work definition for project opportunities. Communicate regularly with customers through all phases of the construction work that we perform for them. Build and maintain an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
· Manage or advise on hiring, training/development, allocation, and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Assist branch with training and development of operations personnel including training on use of financial reports.
· Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures, and productivity tools. Maintain current knowledge and ensure compliance of regulatory laws/codes, changes, and requirements. Advise and implement industry/field best practices to improve project execution.
· Represent Siemens in industry associations, professional organizations, and affiliations while developing relationships with customers, contractors, and community leaders.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
· Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
· Required experience: Minimum five years of access control and camera systems construction project management or installation experience, and/or team supervisory experience in the installation and maintenance of access control and IP camera systems, preferably 2+ years.
· Required travel: 10%
· Other requirements:
o Strong understanding of financial reports and ability to implement cost controls.
o Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills in English.
o Excellent organizational skills: must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties effectively.
o Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
o Must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and be at least 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Must be able to work in the U.S. without a need
for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
· Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred.
· MA D electrical license or equivalent strongly preferred.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.