As the eDiscovery Technical Director you will be part of the Litigation Team within the Legal and Compliance Department. We are looking for someone with deep IT technical expertise as well as specific experience throughout the EDRM lifecycle related to litigation, internal/external investigations, and other sensitive matters that may arise. You, along with our in-house eDiscovery counsel, will work to develop and implement best practices around eDiscovery and provide expertise on both technical and substantive eDiscovery issues.
You will work with in-house legal counsel, paralegals, and eDiscovery analysts, as well as external counsel, preferred eDiscovery service providers and Siemens business partners. This position will report to the Associate General Counsel, Litigation with a work location in Alpharetta, GA or Iselin, NJ.
The main areas of focus include:
- Providing strategic guidance and hands-on technical support for users in the selection, use, and validation of litigation technologies for end-to-end eDiscovery.
- Providing expert advice on the development and continuous evolution of the Siemens eDiscovery program and initiatives, and manage / document implementation of improvements.
- Acting as a liaison and facilitator between internal and external counsel, IT group, cybersecurity team, business personnel, and external service providers.
- Management of external service providers.
- Creating and maintaining reports on eDiscovery program performance, costs, and demands, as requested by Associate General Counsel.
- Serve as business the application owner for in-house eDiscovery platforms and other legal technology, including overseeing and contributing to required problem-solving, troubleshooting and testing.
- Direct eDiscovery analysts and paralegals in the collection and processing of ESI in all formats.
- Work with in-house eDiscovery counsel to consult on case-specific eDiscovery strategy.
- Partner with in-house eDiscovery counsel to increase efficiency and promote defensible, repeatable processes across matters.
- Interface with IT on the rollout of applications that may be litigation data sources, including assessing requirements to meet eDiscovery needs to retain and collect data, as well as facilitating testing/validation of implementation of requirements.
- Actively participate in the rollout of all Office 365 Applications, including coordinating with IT, external vendors and Microsoft to ensure data from all sources can be placed on legal hold, collected in bulk, and produced.
- Consult as needed with data protection team and ensure eDiscovery program complies with GDPR, CCPA and other applicable data privacy laws/regulations.
- Monitor metrics related to eDiscovery vendor work across the eDiscovery program, including document review, to drive program-wide quality and cost-effectiveness.
- Participate in vendor product advisory committees and user groups.
- Be responsible for the entire project management life cycle of assigned initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10 years of eDiscovery experience at an external vendor or law firm (or substantial sophisticated in-house eDiscovery experience).
- Significant experience concerning eDiscovery and the EDRM, including collection and processing applications. OpenText Axcelerate, Exterro Fusion, and Microsoft Advanced eDiscovery experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, including the ability to summarize and explain complex topics to diverse audiences in a clear, succinct way.
- Advanced and demonstrated project management skills, including proven analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills. Project management certification preferred.
- Broad knowledge concerning ranges of IT, including IT terminology, IT processes, commonly used IT systems and applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of database concepts, data modeling and database applications and application of such knowledge in a variety of situations.
- Good overall knowledge of information security concepts and a strong understanding of their dependencies as related to eDiscovery.
- Basic programming knowledge of VBScript and Powershell Experience with Python, Ruby and EnScript a plus.
- Knowledge of automation via scripting, schedule tasks, batch jobs, command line functions and macros.
- Highly proficient technical skills in MS Office Suite, including advanced Excel knowledge.
- Ability to provide technical training, direction and assistance to eDiscovery analysts.
- Team player who can also work independently, shift focus, adapt to changing priorities, and maintain patience in high pressure situations.
- Willingness to travel (approx. 10%) domestically and internationally.
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.