Position Overview – Broken Arrow Location
The Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Software Engineer will be responsible for the development, modification, and debugging of the SCADA graphics and scripting used to control and monitor switchgear systems. The engineer will also be responsible for collaborating with the PLC automation team to ensure that all specified software operations and features are provided, accurate, and intuitive. This position has no direct reports, and will report to the local Software Engineering Supervisor.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Broken Arrow plant is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Always receptive to feedback, willing to learn, and embracing continuous improvement.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Confirm project requirements by reviewing the program objective vs. hardware provided.
- Provide an estimated completion schedule for every programming project.
- Develop custom SCADA programs using a standards-based approach.
- Work with the engineering team to design project specific SCADA control and monitoring screens.
- Create custom graphics that match the look and feel of company standards, with emphasis on situational awareness.
- Complete all programming projects in a timely manner.
- Setup and configure customer computers with the required settings.
- Provide troubleshooting support for our Hingham MA and Broken Arrow OK factory facilities as well as Field Service Engineers.
- Participates in the continuous improvement of the SCADA programming standards.
- Travel Percentage: 0-5%
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Applicable degree in Automation and Control Engineering or equivalent combination of formal education, training and experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a diverse environment with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with windows based operating systems and TCP/IP networks.
- Knowledge of standard data types (Boolean, Integer, Double Integer, Floating Point, etc…)
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Programming.
- Ability to interpret schematics, wiring prints, point lists, and other documentation.
- Experience with a variety of communication methods, such as GE SRTP, Modbus, AB CIP, S7, Profinet, Profibus and OPC
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Strong understanding of SCADA Network Architecture. This includes, but is not limited to Redundant PLC Controllers, Network Address Translation (NAT) Routers, and all associated network protocols.
- Basic understanding of Emergency Power Switchgear System, and Automatic Transfer Switch operation. This includes, but is not limited to No-Load Tests, ATS Load Tests, Manual/Auto Load Control, and Generator Demand.
- Ability to develop and support highly accurate custom SCADA programming for Switchgear Systems.
- Ability to install, setup, and configure our standard reporting software for each SCADA project.
- Ability to load a PLC program for the purpose of bench testing SCADA software for tag errors, etc…
- Basic understanding of Utility/Generator Switchgear System operation. This includes, but is not limited to Open Transition Transfers, 100ms Overlap Transfers, Soft Loading Transfers, Transfer Failures, and Electrical Events while the Generators are paralleled with a Utility Source.
- Ability to configure SCADA software and hardware for use with single or multiple monitors using a ‘PC Node Name’ configurable approach.
- Ability to develop and support software that simulates manual operation (switchgear door mounted Lights, Buttons, Switches, Analog Meters, etc…) for Switchgear Systems.
- Basic understanding of PLC logic, allowing the opportunity to interpret code, search variables, and troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to recreate legacy HMIs using modern SCADA standards. This new SCADA program will be implemented to an on-line facility, and can’t be fully tested on site. For this reason it must be fully tested in house.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.