Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
You will be responsible for project specific implementation of Gas Turbine Controls schemes including detail design using T3000 platform, loop diagrams, wiring instructions and project documentation. One has to co-ordinate for technical clarifications with other project turbine/auxiliaries teams and also support I&C team lead to comply contractual special requirements and adhere to project milestones.
The position is in GP LRE AUX Department in Control Systems function and one has to closely coordinate with the Control Systems department in Muelheim (GER), Erlangen (GER). This position is in Gurgaon (IND) and majority of the tasks are to execute new projects but also support control systems development tasks as well as clarify/support commissioning team for site issues.
- Project specific logic schemes for large Gas Turbine and Generator in T3000
- Define/adopt turbine governor concept overview schemes and implement these concepts in T3000
- Be part of the global platform team for control system and drive harmonization and global portfolio improvements
- Understanding of plant auxiliaries, electrical and generator schemes and their control concept.
- Work in global project teams
- Request and challenge requirements from your interfaces
- Turbine/plant startup scheme and protection concept
- Creation of hardware assignment list (HW proxies) etc.
- Turbine transient study and functional testing of project governor schemes post software implementation
- Adapt concepts and designs to fulfill requirements (Either from customers or past similar references)
- Drive design to cost measures as well as adherence to project milestones
- Provide field/site support
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- · Bachelor in Electrical, Instrumentation or Electronics Engineering or other comparable degree
- · 5 to 8 years of engineering work experience, 3 years in the related work
- · Expertise in SPPA T3000, COMOS or equivalent database tools as well as knowhow of simulation and modelling e.g. in Matlab.
- · Sound in Microsoft excel queries, macros.
- · Expertise in vibration monitoring system e.g. VM600 , Bentley Nevada etc.
- · Ability to travel globally
- · Excellent team player to support and serve the global team
- · High flexibility in taking new tasks/responsibilities
- · Excellent communication skill
- · Strong dedication to the product and willingness to own it
- · Solid entrepreneurial thinking
- · Solid understanding about the interactions of quality, costs and delivery time
- · Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- · Expertise in Control System Design
- · Solid understanding of Functional Safety requirements IEC61508/IEC61511
- · Expertise in comparable technical areas of work
- · Expertise in project execution or control system R&D
- · Expertise in project engineering management
- · Expertise in turbine transients study and also to study country specific grid requirements for turbine governor
- · Expertise in power generation business
- · Solid experience with working in a global team
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Gas and Power at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/about/businesses/gas-power.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time