Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Enthusiastic technicians with depth
Our commissioning engineers travel around the world turning existing technology into technology of the future. They depend on their own skills and knowledge, but also on a global network of colleagues. Complex systems? Major projects? All a matter of course – as is the freedom to decide personally which solution is best for which customer. Join our team to follow paths that bring us all forward.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- You'll be responsible for Planning and organizing on-site commissioning activities with customer’s requirement and support claim management.
- You'll have to carry out full function test and all necessary commissioning activities to bring the package into service and hand over to customer.
- You’ll clarify necessary design and software changes and also carry out Modifications as authorized to fulfill required specification if required.
- You'll conduct all work as required to EHS policy in Siemens Energy.
- You'll be responsible for Brief / debrief with PM, engineering and other departments as required to feedback problems encountered and solutions implemented whilst commissioning
- You'll Maintain a full log of commissioning activities and record any customer delays during commissioning; complete a concise report.
- You’ll be travelling to various remote location sites either in India or abroad for commissioning and to carry out specialist troubleshooting activities.
- You’ll be training customer personnel during commissioning.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- You are a graduate (B.E./B.Tech.) with 3-5 years of experience or Diploma with 5-7 years of experience in Instrumentation/Electronic/Control Technology preferably in Captive/Utility Power plant.
- You have fault diagnosis and problem-solving approach and aware of all testing and calibration standards / requirements.
- You have sound knowledge of handling various Field Instrumentation including its installation & commissioning in Field using HART Communicator & other field equipment’s.
- You have worked on at least one Distributed Control System / Programmable logic Controller either from Siemens/ABB/Honeywell/Emerson with in-depth knowledge on its Power-up, Hardware & Software Configuration, Logic modification and checking.
- You have Knowledge of Vibration Monitoring system, Overs peed protection & Governing system
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens?
This role is based in Vadodara, but you’ll also get to visit other locations in different countries, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Gas and Power at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/about/businesses/gas-power.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time