Product Owner - SGI
As Product Owner (PO) you will be a member of the Agile Team responsible for defining Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the Features or components for the team.
The PO has a meaningful role in quality control and is the only team member empowered to accept stories as done. For most enterprises moving to Agile, this is a new and critical role, typically translating into a full-time job, requiring one PO to support each Agile team (or, at most, two teams).
This role has significant relationships and responsibilities outside the local team, including working with Product Management, Customers, Business Owners, and other partners.
Do you want to build links between business and technology? Join our team.
Change the Future with us
• You will define and deliver a part of a product from a customer and market requirement point of view with collaboration with Product Managers) - regarding content, prioritization, quality and customer excitement for a given cost and time frame through the product life cycle from the definition to the phase-out
• You will provide the mentorship to associated development teams with priorities and expertise regarding the product and ensures completeness and consistency of the derived requirements within the part of the product.
• Elicit and collect partner requests and analyze and prioritize market requirements coming from Product Managers and communicate Software Requirements to the team.
• You will Build Software Requirement Specifications (e.g. user-stories)
• You will contribute to resolve conflict regarding features and requirements and explain to development teams.
• Achieve commitments with and motivate development teams, assist development teams in attaining maximum effective sustainable pace for development
• Ensure quality by evaluating results of iterations and either approve / accept or reject results based on required criteria
• You will support effort estimations of development teams and analyze change request entries and prioritize with other product backlog items
• Coordinate cross-feature-area development with peers to facilitate prioritized product development
• Deliver input for project planning & execution.
• Your will support product managers in roll-out of the system, presentation, workshops and training.
What you need to make real what matters
• You have a Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Business Informatics, Computer Science or equivalent with 10 -15 years in mainstream software development, with good amount of experience in Cloud based enterprise application development
• Detailed experience in Requirements Engineering and feature definition activities.
• Exposure to Product Lifecycle Management and good understanding of agile development practices makes valuable contribution.
• Decision making skills and ability to balance customer expectations alongside engineering team capacity
• You will closely work with Product Line Manager, Product Manager, Project Lead, Quality Manager, Risk Manager, Development Team (e. g. Scrum Master, System Analyst, Architects, Developers, Testers, etc.), Usability Engineer, Technical Writers, etc.
• You will collaborate with external customers (optional) along with your product managers.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bangalore You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity, and help us shape tomorrow, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time