Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Gas and Power Division as a Project Manager and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
We have a new and exciting opportunity to add a Project Manager to our innovative Project Management team at Siemens Power Generation Services based in Aberdeen. Please note this is a 12 months fixed term contract due to a maternity leave cover, however there is a high likelihood we would retain should there be headcount available to do so and the successful candidate highly perform.
Working as part of the Project Management Team you will act as focal point for all issues concerning the Siemens rotating equipment fleet and associated equipment, ensuring delivery aligns to the Contract obligations. As such, we are looking for a dependable Project Manager who is experienced in managing multiple projects at any one time, dealing with multiple customers and the governance and commercials that this comes with.
Travel to customer premises will be expected and you may be based in cusomters office up to 5 days a week.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Managing 3-4 projects and/or multiple customers at one time.
- Act as focal point for all issues concerning the Siemens rotating equipment fleet and associated equipment, ensuring delivery aligns to the Contract obligations.
- Develop and maintain 5 year maintenance plans for all units and ensure systems are kept up to date with planned outages at least 18 months in advance.
- Planning and safe delivery of all outages, overseeing the production of work-packs and associated outage project plans, maintaining and developing mitigation strategies for all pre-identified or emerging risks. Planning and execution to be in accordance with PM @ Siemens.
- Co-ordination of unscheduled maintenance activities and breakdowns, ensuring that a structured and considered approach is adopted.
- Develop and implement strategies to grow the order intake value for your allocated Customer.
- Challenge own organization, and that of subcontractors, to provide the best possible value proposals that meet the Customer requirements.
- Co-ordination, generation and delivery of quotations and receipt of associated purchase orders for all spares demands associated with the Customers equipment
- Briefing of all personnel who shall travel to the Customer site. Conduct close monitoring of their activities whilst deployed, co-ordinate appropriate levels of support from technical functions, review and approval of all timesheets, the recording of non-productive time and maintaining the reconciling of spend ‘v’ PO cover as jobs unfold.
- Monitor and track the close-out of engineering related issues through close liaison with the Technical Support Engineer.
- Maintain an up-to-date account of all orders contract, commercial and logistical issues associated with an outage and track through until payment is received
- Co-ordinate and conduct an after-action review and lessons learned post outage.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Proven Project management experience – including project governance, commercials, negotiations and risk mitigation.
- Dependable, experienced Project Manager with the initiative to drive projects forward.
- A prior customer management role is essential.
- Project Management in the Oil & Gas or Power Generation Industry is highly desirable.
- APM, PRINCE2 or PMI qualifications are desirable
- Knowledge of PM@Siemens would be advantageous
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralized flexible power solutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary and we celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery Ltd.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either