Summer Intern – Information Technologies
Leading the way forward in the renewable energy sector, Siemens Gamesa provides cleaner, more reliable and more affordable wind power. Our scale, global reach and proven track record ensure that we will play a central role in shaping the energy landscape of the future. We are currently looking for an innovative and professional intern to join the Information Technologies department for a summer internship in Orlando, FL.
The Information Technologies Intern is responsible for supporting the department the following projects; SGRE.One network and Windows 10 upgrade Wave 2 and 3 roll out coordination, Mobile Device analysis and contract renewal. The internship involves using communication, computer, creative thinking and analytical skills to get things done effectively. Internship includes mentorship, soft and technical skills training, and networking to learn more about the SGRE organization and wind industry.
SGRE Summer Intern Program is May 18 – August 14
• Work closely with our Partner Infosys to identify computers, applications to be upgraded in each Wave of SGRE.One project
• Help schedule individuals in each location for upgrade and ensure timely roll out
• Coordinate printer transformation plans
• Support User Engagement team with training and troubleshooting post go live
• Support Head of IT with mobile device analysis to renew telecommunication contracts
• Other responsibilities and projects assigned by manager
Required skills, experience, and education:
• Pursing Bachelor degree in Business or in Information Technology, or applicable field
• Rising sophomore or junior
• 3.0+ overall GPA
• Advanced computer skills with MS Office (word, excel, power point)
• Strong analytical skills
• Solid communication skills both verbal and written
• Demonstrate innovation and forward-thinking aptitude through previous school projects, employment, or extracurricular activities
• Experience with presenting in front of small and large groups
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
• Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred skills, experience, and education:
• Experience in analytics, troubleshooting, high level of human interaction
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.