Leading the way forward in the renewable energy sector, Siemens Gamesa provides cleaner, more reliable and more affordable wind power. Our scale, global reach and proven track record ensure that we will play a central role in shaping the energy landscape of the future. Our Onshore organization is looking for a highly motivated Head of Accounting candidate who will develop and grow the Accounting organization for Siemens Gamesa for North America. This position will report directly to the Global Head of Operating Accounting based in Europe and the North America CFO in the Region. The position will be based in Orlando, Florida.
- Ensure integrity and high quality of books and records to meet best-practice financial reporting that caters both internal and external requirements.
• Adherence to Compliance in all accounting practices and processes.
• Ensure implementation & adherence to Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines (SFRG) / IFRS / local GAAP and other internal guidelines by SGRE accordingly.
• Review, own and gain comfort on the financial statements before reporting into Esprit or signing the In-control statement
• Complete the monthly / quarterly / yearly closing and reporting, for all stakeholders as per the scheduled timelines
• Manage the statutory auditors, outsourcing partners (Local GAAP, transactional accounting etc.) and other relevant stakeholders
• Being a business partner, collaborate with business units and other corporate functions, wherever necessary to achieve a common SGRE objective within accounting topics
• Prepare and finalize (in alignment with the SGRE Central Accounting Principles team) relevant accounting memos on various complex accounting treatments
• Improve efficiency in executing the various accounting processes, thereby contributing to productivity
• Lead, manage, mentor the team; create talent pipelines; identify development needs for individual team members
• Contribute to the global Operating Accounting (OAC) team in terms of content, being a Knowledge / Process Champion and drive common accounting topics globally for the OAC community
Required skills, experience, and education:
• Chartered Accountant or equivalent
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum 8 to 10 years of work experience in the field of main stream Accounting / Finance and in leading teams
• Expert knowledge in accounting under IFRS and local GAAP (e.g. Revenue recognition, Forex accounting, Leases etc.)
• Highly diligent and passionate with regards to numbers and have an eye for details
• Analytical and anticipative thinking, accurate and solution-oriented working
• Capability to contemplate issues from single entity point of view in detail, as well as from an aggregated group perspective
• Strong interpersonal, leadership and negotiation skills in an intercultural work environment with excellent communication skills
• Affinity towards embracing and facilitating change
• Ability to create strong and valued partnerships based on high levels of integrity, trust and respected professional judgement
• Expertise in financial management, cost and risk-control at all levels of the functional team
• Experiences in collaborating with external service providers (SSC/ BPO), e.g. validation and control
• Fluent in English
Preferred skills, experience, and education:
Master’s in Business will be an advantage
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.