Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
What will you do?
The Business Development Specialist will develop opportunities for our customer base in Western Canada for Distribution Systems Business Unit Portfolio e.g. electric charging systems for light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles, Medium Voltage Switchgear for Industrial and Utility markets.
You will develop and manage relationships with assigned accounts e.g. in Utilities, Oil and Gas and electric bus manufacturers, transit authorities, utilities, fleet owners et. You will work with the existing Business Development team, utility sales and construction sales teams to leverage the existing customer base and identify new potential customers. You will engage with procurement and teams on product qualifications, respond to RFI/RFPs, connect with partners, quantify costs with operations and assist in closing deals. The ideal candidate will have experience in performing business development across a range of product, solution and service roles.
- Development of new business potential with key customers e.g. Utilities, Oil and Gas, electric bus OEMs, transit authorities, cities, fleet owners etc.
- Ownership of customer pipeline
- Assist in preparing responses (firm or budget proposals ) to customer RFQs
- Support of sales activities in conjunction with utility and construction organizations
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in business development, sales, marketing or an equivalent role.
- Working experience in fundamentals of electrical systems and solutions (e.g. Substation E-houses)
- Strong knowledge of the industry, engineering applications and customer markets
- Strong customer relationship management skills and capable of establishing respect and credibility through actions, communications, understanding and personal presence.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix team environment
- Recognized for your learning mindset and ability to understand the business and challenges, and implement new and innovative approaches that result in improvements in organizational performance
- Exceptional strategic communicator, with an innate ability to influence a broad range of stakeholders and own decision making.
- You are driven and solution oriented, striving to make a difference in the business and create a better customer experience for our people.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.