Product Test Engineer
Location: Troy, MI
Siemens Simulation & Test Solutions is looking for a Project/Product Test Engineer in the areas of Graphical Pre-Processing of Finite Element Analysis which is built on leveraging modern C++ techniques to produce fast and efficient solutions. This position entails testing and deploying production application Simcenter 3D.
- Main objective is to Test new features in Simcenter 3D Pre-Processing, Siemens’ flagship CAE software program.
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality and Testing concepts (Autotest and Unit Test framework)
- You will be a part of an Agile team of 6 member using Scrum methodology
• Learn the Agile Scrum process, values & actively participate as member of a Scrum team
• Create, design new Epic/Capability test plans to meet acceptance criteria and satisfy stakeholders
• Design test cases listed in the Epic test plan.
• Conduct testing of projects and sign-off on time
• Perform system level testing during Product Validation
• Develop knowledge and become technical expert for one or more Simulation Modules.
• Design and implement new training courses and tutorials for
• fellow testers and assist in generating technical documentation.
• Ensure that Code Coverage Analysis techniques are used to validate complete functionality.
• Improve test specifications by analyzing the root causes of technical
issues and develop testing solutions for those root causes.
• Create and apply new approaches as necessary to improve the productivity and efficiency of testing.
• Work with stakeholder to acquire industrial data for testing purposes.
• Cross train Scrum team members in testing concepts and techniques
• Work collaboratively with Scrum team members to deliver product increments in Sprints and capabilities in a release which adheres to team and organizational Definition of Done.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanics, Aerospace, or Computer Engineering with 1+ years of experience
• Simulation software experience of 1 year
• Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis theory or Boundary Element Analysis theory required
• Moderate level of experience using MS Windows required
• Ability to solve complex issues using analytical skills
• Ability to balance simultaneously product testing work with sprint testing work
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and effectively
• Good written and verbal skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• 2+ years’ experience working in an engineering position
• Experience of testing an engineering software is a plus
• Experience of using NX/Simcenter 3D products is a plus
• Experience of using Finite Element solvers or Boundary Element solvers
• Experience of using LMS Virtual Lab Acoustics is a plus
• Experience of using Nastran/SAMCEF solver is a plus
• Moderate level of experience using Linux is a plus
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.