Siemens is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a pioneering role.
Are you ready to be part of the change?
What role will you play?
As a Senior Legal Counsel, you will be a strong individual contributor who is capable of handling matters of high risk, high complexity and high visibility within the company, e.g., projects with severe financial consequences, complex intellectual property rights issues, new business or licensing models, matters of high sensitivity or matters which could impact Siemens’ reputation.
You are an expert at conducting legal research and advising the company on appropriate legal action to be taken; preparing documents to support the same. You have significant experience of drafting complex legal agreements and templates and negotiating high stakes legal agreements and disputes. You are analytical and used to working on matters of high sensitivity and complexity. You are happy participating in or leading projects and initiatives. As a senior member of the team you operate with minimal supervision and have experience participating as a member of the business staff as an executive business partner.
As this role is supporting the fast expansion of the business in Middle East and Africa, you have senior level experience of working in nascent developing businesses within one or several of the countries within the region combined with first-hand experience of working closely with external legal advisors in the region, interpreting their external advice and applying it to internal business issues.
- Providing senior level legal support and counsel to the company.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts and other legal documents.
- Providing legal advice with respect to the affairs of the company; interpreting external local law advice in region; and anticipating and guarding against legal risks involving the business.
- Participating in legal matters and/or actions of the most sensitive and highly complex nature.
- Being a trusted business partner within the region and a key member of the global legal team.
How does that sound? Our perfect candidate must have…
You will possess excellent transactional experience in a commercial environment (preferably with some knowledge of software) and general counsel experience on all relevant matters relating to a nascent business, including procurement, corporate governance and human resources. You will also have strong knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to corporations in general and high-tech companies specifically within one or more countries in the region. The ability to exercise judgment expected of a junior partner in a law firm combined whilst demonstrating strong leadership and mentoring skills are essential.
You will be able to work effectively and lead groups in a culturally diverse global environment and will be able to demonstrate the ability to learn new areas of law outside of jurisdiction of original license to practice.
In addition, you will be a strong communicator and a proven problem solver with analytical skills.
Education and experience background:
- Legal degree and license to practice as a lawyer in an applicable jurisdiction required.
- Proven post-qualification legal experience required.
- Experience of working in an inhouse corporate legal environment (within a software related business is a bonus)
- Job related experience within Middle East and Africa, preferably within nascent and developing businesses.
- Proven ability to function as a member of a global team in a complex matrix environment as well as working in a virtually located business and legal team.
- Experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business clients across different jurisdictions.
- Fresh fruit and coffee, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, volunteering hours, office parties and games in a cool and relaxed environment.
- #Siemens #join #peopleatsiemens #gbspartnerofchoice
- We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
- We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time