Siemens is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a pioneering role.
Are you ready to be part of the change?
What role will you play?
The attorney in this position is part of the Global Sales Terms & Integrations team for DI Software Legal and will act as the primary legal contact in various strategic projects for DI SW, such as M&A projects, integrations of newly acquired companies and the creation and roll-out of new business models. The focus of the role will be primarily on M&A projects and ensuing integrations worldwide.
The work will be diverse and will include among others performing due diligence reviews with a strong focus on commercial contracts and intellectual property rights, providing legal support for acquisition contract negotiations, establishing user-centric legal workflows, drafting standard contract forms and legal collaterals, and providing legal trainings to the product management and sales organization. The person in this role also helps develop, maintain, and update as necessary any supporting materials, including playbooks and associated training materials for DI SW agreements, and provides appropriate training and best practice sharing to the global DI SW legal organization. In this capacity, the person must not only stay current with applicable changes in law and current regulatory issues affecting DI SW’s business but should also have a general curious mindset and a broad interest in DI SW’s products and software in general to keep in touch with technology and business development. The attorney collaborates closely with members of other legal teams of DI SW and colleagues from the Siemens corporate M&A department (finance as well as legal) and generally every other support function department of DI SW, in order to ensure that we identify legal issues and challenges in the strategic projects DI SW undertakes and find solutions for them. In order to achieve cross-functional project goals, this person will have to develop a very broad high-level understanding of all processes, policies and workflows related to DI SW’s business, not just the legal ones. Being able to work with non-legal (technical) colleagues and developing an understanding of their challenges and requirements in a project will be of the utmost importance.
How does that sound? Our perfect candidate must have…
- Attorney admitted to practice and in good standing
- Technical knowledge of IT – and software in particular – will be considered a great asset
- Professional experience in supporting technology/commercial software business and/or mergers and acquisitions, is a plus
- Fluent in English
- Fresh fruit and coffee, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, volunteering hours, office parties and games in a cool and relaxed environment.
- #Siemens #join #peopleatsiemens #gbspartnerofchoice
- We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
- We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time