Siemens is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a pioneering role.
Are you ready to be part of the change?
What role will you play?
The legal counsel in this position is part of the Central Legal Hub for Digital Industries Software (DI SW), delivering global legal support to the Siemens Industry Software business and increasing the efficiency and expertise of the global legal team.
The attorney will directly support DISW departments, including business, finance, procurement, development, and software maintenance and support; globally and at all levels, to address all relevant legal and risk issues related to their activities and transactions and ensure compliance with Siemens policies.
The attorney’s responsibilities will mainly involve providing transaction support, including negotiation directly with third parties. The person in this role will cross train to provide legal support on multiple areas of the Siemens DI SW business such as software licensing, cloud services, professional services, engineering and consulting services, intellectual property, data privacy, non-disclosure, procurement, and other contracts. He or she will also provide specialization and expertise in certain areas, provide cross training to his or her DI SW Legal colleagues on his or her expertise, and be the primary and direct legal contact to his or her specialized business partners.
This role will also include providing legal advice regarding local laws and customary practice, updating agreement templates, and assistance with developing and maintaining supporting materials for the DI SW Legal organization such as negotiation playbooks, training materials, and sharing of best practices.
The attorney will also have the opportunity to work with a unique team of Legal professionals who are driving the technology solutions for the DI SW global legal team, including the contracts management technology and processes. The Central Legal Hub owns the legal department technology solutions and related processes with an aim of driving efficiency, collaboration, and departmental alignment. This position provides the opportunity to offer innovative and creative ideas and will be responsible for developing the legal department technology roadmap in partnership with the legal department leadership and the business and operations teams.
The attorney will be a team member of the Central Legal Hub. He or she will require the ability to work with a global perspective and with a geographically dispersed business. The Central Legal Hub seeks a member who embraces technology and digitalization with an open-minded growth mindset that is driven to finding solutions. He or she will require excellent communication and presentation skills and have a strong collaboration mindset that supports teamwork, including the ability to be both a project leader or contributor, as appropriate.
How does that sound? Our perfect candidate must have…
- Attorney admitted to practice in good standing
- Experience in general contract and commercial terms in supporting business transactions
- Fluent in English
- Experience with and excitement about legal technology solutions
- Experience in supporting business transactions in technology/commercial software industry
- Legal expertise regarding cloud services
- Fluent in Spanish
- Fresh fruit and coffee, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, volunteering hours, office parties and games in a cool and relaxed environment.
- #Siemens #join #peopleatsiemens #gbspartnerofchoice
- We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
- We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time