The Project Planner continuously provides the project operation manager and/or the project /functional managers with a realistic and current status of the project progress of the project assigned to him/her, across all functional areas. The Project Planner ensures that the mandatory process, method and tool requirements for schedule management are implemented for the project/sub project he/she is working on
Reporting to Project Operations Manager you will ensure the implementation of relevant schedule management guidelines in the assigned project. To establish the schedule structure and logic in accordance with the project WBS and to ensure that the current project status is mapped in the schedule working in close collaboration with the project manager, project team members and other stakeholders (e.g. customer, suppliers, partners).
What are my responsibilities?
· Developing schedule management and structure, taking the project requirements into account (e.g. structuring, data integration, reporting, etc.) and considering the common schedule management regulations (process, methods and tools).
· To define reporting intervals for update and schedule management.
· To identify project deadlines in call to tender and contract documents in collaboration with the project managers and specialist functions.
· Developing individual schedules and integrate them into an overall schedule including representation of the critical path.
· To record and coordinate relevant internal and external schedule interfaces, taking into account any contractual requirements in the schedule.
· To regulate
schedules with regular monitoring of deadline compliance, project progress and
updating the schedule in good time.
· To prepare schedule analyses (scenarios, critical path, buffers, etc.). To devise possible solutions in cases of any delay in the project together with the project and specialist functions.
· To initiate escalation measures where schedule/forecast/actual deadline non-conformists occur and where substantial / repeated violation of defined schedule updating process occurs.
· To report in and support projects and specialist departments with schedule management
· To identify customer schedules, reports and associated documents.
· To be an expert in using schedule management methods and tools. To properly initiate escalation measures where binding regulations for schedule management are not adhered to.
· To take part in project meetings, discussions with internal and external partners (customers, consortium partners, suppliers, etc.).
· To back up schedules and filing in accordance with project requirements and relevant guidelines.
· Provide support with assessing and providing evidence on claims against third parties.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field from reputable University or college
- proven knowledge and experience references as Project Planner / Scheduler of major projects preferably in railway signaling infrastructure
- Demonstrated strong Excel and Computer skills required.
- Readiness to travel and stay at the project site as required
- Team player with excellent organization and communication skills.
- Experience with scheduling software such as MS Project. Primavera experience will be of benefit.
- Fluent in English / Arabic (spoken/written), other languages are a plus
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Egypt LLC
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time