About the role
Working alongside a talented team of problem solvers and software developers, while being guided by a mentor, you will gain experience of writing and supporting world-leading toolkit technology used by many of the industry’s top Computer Aided Design/Manufacturing/Engineering software applications.
The role will include some of the following
• Learning the functionality provided by the toolkits.
• Learning the software development lifecycle process.
• Adding new functionality to one or more of the toolkits.
• Testing a particular area of a toolkit.
• Developing new tools to improve the development process.
• Analysing customer reported problems and requirements to help define future development work.
• Researching new ideas and technologies to improve the efficiency of internal algorithms.
• Studying towards, or have recently obtained, a Bachelors or Masters Degree in a numerical subject or related discipline.
• A working knowledge of a programming language; C++, C# or Python etc.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• An ability to think, and visualise, in 3D.
• A willingness to learn independently, and from those around you.
• Ability to work effectively in a team and on your own.
Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years. We provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges, across the key sectors of energy, industry, infrastructure & cities and healthcare. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 12 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
Our Digital Industries division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services to our industrial customers in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
To learn more about our company and how our products are used to solve real world engineering problems, you can visit https://www.sw.siemens.com/ and follow us on Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time