Siemens NX for Design software is a flexible and powerful integrated solution that helps our customers deliver better products faster and more efficiently. We invite you to join us for the summer as part of the NX Platform Department, where you will be working alongside experienced software developers and testers on the next generation of Design software. This could be working within a team as part of a larger project, or more autonomously on a smaller area accompanied by guidance and coaching from your manager and colleagues around you.
Projects and Research within the office span multiple areas including:
· Assemblies applications:
o Enhancements to existing techniques for modeling and describing structure.
o Improving performance when working with large amounts of data.
o Data modeling and interoperability.
o Next generation cloud-based applications.
· Machine Learning and AI applications:
o Intelligent user interfaces to aid in customer workflows.
o Adding intelligence to the underlying data model.
· Architecture and User Interface software areas including:
o Build native User Interface tools and services across applications and platforms, including desktop and web.
o Visualization and Display for rendering, selection, and gestures.
o New Technology Investigation, Innovation, and Integration in the areas of cloud architecture and User Interface, and new input paradigms.
o Research, prototype, and evaluate new User Experiences for web applications.
The role will include exposure to some, or all, of the following
· Learning the functionality of the NX software.
· Learning our build, software development (C++) and testing processes.
· Develop your knowledge of C++ in a commercial environment.
· Contributing to core NX software development and automated testing.
· Potential to work on projects relating to Assemblies, UI, Visualisation or AI.
· Contributing with internal tools development (Python, Perl, Java, HTML5).
· Maintenance of NX software.
· Supporting miscellaneous NX development activity.
· Documenting and reporting on progress.
Benefits for interns include pro-rata paid holiday, company discounts, social events and flexibility in working hours.
Find out more at:
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time