Fire Safety Service Supervisor - Commercial Electronic Security Systems - Beltsville, MD
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for an Operations Supervisor to direct our security service operations field team. This first-line supervisory position is responsible for managing all operational activities for between eight to twenty-two (8-22) technical positions including Client Service Engineers and Security Technicians.
- Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for projects, service agreements, and/or T&M work.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls all work activities for assigned projects and/or service accounts.
- Works with Client Service Managers to ensure Customer satisfaction.
- Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and work proceeds according to plans, resulting from service agreement proposals, project proposal and cost estimates.
- Ensures T&M work is completed in an effective and profitable fashion.
- Maintains and improves booked margins for all work assigned
- Directs and supervises the development of service agreement plans and the use of those plans in the monitoring and control of progress in the execution of the work.
- Reviews customer feedback and ensures service agreement retention and account growth goals are achieved including adds, extras, upgrades, escalations, and timely renewals.
- Works with manager to develop manpower schedules and loading to ensure contract completion and labor leveling.
- Builds and maintains an effective operations team committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
- Conducts annual performance reviews
- Manages or advises on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility.
- Reviews Sales proposals for Service Contracts and Project proposals.
- Weekly timesheet review and approval
- Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred, however, candidates with a combination of education (a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is a minimum requirement) and experience will also be considered.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the security field working with commercial Electronic Security Systems.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of prior supervisory experience.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures for supervised work groups.
- Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management and disciplinary action.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.