Join our Engineering group as an automation engineer, focused on modernizing integral compressor engines, primarily used on interstate natural gas pipelines. Scope of work is integration of components for monitoring and control of reciprocating internal combustion engines and monitoring systems for reciprocating compressors. Some projects include design for balance of plant scope to integrate the unit control system into site-level systems.
- Execute control system and unit monitoring system design, development, validation, and BOM creation.
- Installation, commissioning, and operator training for monitoring and control systems
- Consult with clients for troubleshooting and to define solutions that meet client needs
- Ensure Quality Health and Safety standards are rigorously adhered to.
- Conceive and prescribe integrated solutions to meet customer needs.
- Drive efficiency to reduce project cost, identify opportunities for change orders
- Maintain strong customer relationships
- Trains and qualifies new-hire field service engineers.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering or related field
· 8-10 years control systems engineering experience
· Knowledge working with control and monitoring system integration
· Advance knowledge of control and monitoring systems.
· Willing to travel up to 75% of the time. (Internationally and Domestically)
· Excellent writing, interpersonal & speaking skills.
- High level of tact, professionalism, and tenacity.
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Self-motivated and mission oriented.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Internal combustion experience
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.