Successful candidate will be responsible for day to day support of the Stator Coil Manufacturing area for Siemens in Fort Payne, AL. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development of continuous improvement measures for the area.
- Employee will be responsible for day-to-day tactical support of area responsible for the Assembly, bending, forming, and brazing of copper components. Excellent manufacturing engineering support is critical to maintain required quality performance and on-time-delivery performance.
- Employee’s efforts will drive on-time-delivery, quality performance, productivity, and safety results for the area. Employee will provide one-to-one layouts for forming and bending of copper components and employee may be asked to assist with CNC programming for Stator Coil designs with complex geometries.
- Employee will interact with R&D and design engineering to provide input into “design for manufacturability”.
- Employee will report to Stator Coil Operations Manager who reports directly to the Plant Manager. The Siemens Fort Payne facility is the only facility in the Siemens network which manufactures stator windings for large generators above 150 MVA, and therefore, the performance of this facility is vital to the success of Siemens in the large power generation business.
- Analyzes product specifications, clarifies product requirements, and manufacturing aspects with accountable R&D, Engineering and/or Product Management.
- Develops and calculates product modifications needed to increase efficiency of production and contributes to re-engineering.
- Provides detailed information on product specifications and on pieces and parts needed for product completion.
- Plans equipment layout, tools and IT programs needed, and designs or contributes to design the manufacturing workflow. Cooperates in these aspects with other respective Engineers.
- Analyzes manufacturing sequences during pilot series and test and analyzes manufacturability of pre-series samples. May recommend product changes and implements production amendments.
- Conducts improvements projects on site or unit level, and liaises with other engineering functions, external vendors or service providers. Identifies opportunities to reduce product manufacturing costs and opportunities to reduce product manufacturing cycle times. Identifies and implements manufacturing process improvements to improve process yield and reduce quality defects.
- Ensures appropriate process and product documentation.
- Experience with 3D modeling required.
- Experience with CNC programming for complex parts preferred.
- Creates one-to-one layouts. Designs and procures tooling and fixturing.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelors degree in engineering discipline or graduation date of Spring 2020.
- 0 to 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Estimated 7% travel required.
- 3D modeling experience required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in mechanical engineering
- CNC programming experience
- Previous work experience in power generation manufacturing.
- Tooling/fixturing design experience
- Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing experience
- Prior knowledge of Siemens applications, customers, processes, and products
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.