Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for a Systems Specialist I to support our Building Automation business in Boston, MA. Reporting into the Canton, MA office, the Systems Specialist I coordinates, manages, implements and/or performs technical product support for equipment that has been newly installed.
Under limited supervision, performs commissioning and start-up of HVAC and Building systems including troubleshooting of systems.
· Provides updated control drawings of field changes and discrepancies for final engineering drawings.
· Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction.
· Trains the customer in control systems operations. Delivers manuals and documentation to the client for training needs as required.
· Compiles job documentation, such as a certificate of completion, customer training form, training certificates and punch lists.
· Conducts extensive self-study (reading, research, and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in Siemens.
· Temperature control automation experience a plus
· Computer, Electronic, Electrical Knowledge and or experience a plus
· Interpersonal and writing skills
- Works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; creates/reviews job specific programming via computer for various systems (controls Creates /reviews and uploads point database, creates graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
- Verifies point database and programming operations are consistent with scope of work.
- Runs reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations.
- Completes and submits written reports; provides Plans and Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required; Associate’s Degree in Electronics or other technical field preferred
- Experience as a Building Automation Controls Technician or Specialist is preferred, although candidates with less directly related experience will also be considered. Candidates with Mechanical and Electrical skills, along with strong computer skills will also be considered.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.