Our Las Vegas team is growing! We are seeking an experienced Service Specialist II to support our Southern Nevada customers and ensure that their building automation systems are properly maintained and operating correctly.
- Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after normal business hours.
- Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved, and checks and tests systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect determines corrective action, and repairs system.
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to TSP (technical support programs) / service agreement contracts. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion. Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation instructions.
- Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
- May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and recommends the best course of action.
- Works with other branch, company, or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem
- Participates in job site final walk and/or final completion for systems-to-service turnover on assigned jobs
- Conducts training and development classes for customers on-site or at the branch.
- Delivers technical support, coaching, and direction to end-users and field labor when applicable.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required Experience: 3+ years field experience installing , programming, and / or maintaining building automation controls, DDC controls, HVAC controls, BAS controls, BAU controls.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Adobe PDF
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment within the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Preferred experience: experience with programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting of building automation systems.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.